GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Chasing a Hellcat at Palmer.......Lovin my Golf.

Great day at Palmer (clockwise) with SCDA. Beat my prior PB by a good margin. I'm finally getting to know the track well enough where I can fine tune instead of big changes. My best lap was lap #11 (1:54.05) chasing a Hellcat and a couple of others. Love the R. 60K daily driver yet huge fun on...
  2. R

Neophyte driver passed everyone in run group in one session at Lime Rock !

That would be my daughter ! We had a terrific day at Lime Rock. She did the car control clinic on the autoX course at Lime Rock with SCDA, but this was her first track event ever on a full track. I also hit a new PB at 1.03.9, but it was more fun watching her pass every car in her run group...
  3. R

Why don't more people utilize Methanol injection?

I'm a very old fart still learning, so I hope this isn't a dumb question. My nephew recently added a Methanol injection system to his BMW to be utilized during track days. His data logs show that the injection system lowers intake temps significantly more than the upgraded intercooler he...
  4. R

Cup 2 Connect wear/grip update

Due to Michelin discontinuing their Cup 2's, I switched from Cup 2 to Cup 2 Connects. I did not buy the whole Connect temp/pressure recording system, only the tires. After 2 track days with lots and lots of laps due to open track at Lime Rock and Summit Point Seat Time, I have some mid-term...
  5. R

Stock Golf R Springs $50

Selling 2017 Golf R OEM springs. Just added APR Ground Control. $50 + shipping or pick up. Lenox, MA
  6. R

Info on MassTuning TrackFests appreciated...

Just received an email from MassTuning (TrackFests) offering $100 discount each to as many events as you choose. Expires midnight Monday, 11/30. I've never run with them. They do a lot of days close to my home (Lenox, MA), and I'd like to check them out. The head of the group has been...
  7. R

Chasing a GT4 at Summit Point Main

Summit Point Main chasing a GT4 with FATT HPDE. Running in advanced group. He was running nice lines and pushing me, so I tried hard to stay close. These were pretty good times for me, 1:27-1:28 Car is Golf R, APR stage 1, rear sway, IC, camber plates, stock suspension and brakes...
  8. R

A few good laps of Lime Rock, passing Vette and Cayman

After 50K miles, I'm still floored at how great the R is. Had a nice series of open track laps, managed to put together 9 laps within 0.5 seconds of each other at good (for me) times. 1.04's -1.05's Gorgeous weather. Temps low 70's. SCDA is a great group to run with. Car has APR Stage 1...
  9. R

Michelin Cup 2 question

Tire Rack had a sale on Cup 2's so I'm going to give them a shot. My car is a DD, and I do about 7-10 track events a year with it (fewer this Covid season). I normally use PS4S's as my track/DD tire, but want to see if the Cup2's are worth the additional price, and if they are OK on street...
  10. R

Dropping down from Advanced..anyone else do this?

I have instructed for 6 years, taken racing courses on both motorcycles and cars and have been driving in the advanced groups at DE's for many many years. I recently put my ego in check and ran in Int 2 at Lime Rock simply because I am completely and totally outgunned in advanced with certain...
  11. R

Anyone run Canaan Motor Club or an event with MassTuning?

Thinking of giving Canaan Motor Club (NH) circuit a go this season with MassTuning. I've never run the track nor with MassTuning. Anyone have any experience with either? Pros/cons? Thanks.
  12. R

Back at Watkins Glen after 12 years...

Here's a video from my 2nd session at the Glen during a two day event with Audi NEQ. Great club by the way. First time back at Watkins Glen in 12 years. What a terrific track. My Harry's data had some issues that got worse as the days progressed, thus this early session. You can see that it...
  13. R

Helmet vs. non helmet WITH airbags

There was a whole lot of yelling, name calling and other nonsense when someone posted a video of them on track while not wearing a helmet. I've been track driving and instructing on and off since 1998 and have never seen any technical study showing that helmets improve safety while driving a...
  14. R

ESC questions for road course driving.

I am curious about what ESC setting those of you with track experience utilize. I run in advanced with over 100 track days and push pretty hard on track. I have tried both ESC settings, single quick push (sport/track setting) and held down for the six seconds or whatever supposedly "mostly"...
  15. R

Do you see run group max numbers climbing?

Just back from Summit for a FATT (Friday at the Track) event. Weather was a zillion times better than predicted, so it was a fun day. They have gone from 4 groups running 20 minute sessions to 3 groups running 25 minutes. The problem with this was that although novice and Int. groups were...
  16. R

Some days you're not the fastest kid on the block ;>)

This is more for newer track people, but I think it applies to us all. Had a great track day yesterday at Lime Rock. Lucked out with perfect weather sandwiched between lots of rainy days. Running in the advanced run group I am normally nowhere near the fastest tortoise in the race, but the...
  17. R

Audi club passing rules question

My nephew and I recently signed up for a 2 day Audi event at The Glen and he is now looking at running with them at Summit. From info they give out, it appears that they require passing signals using the turn signals on track. (??) That sounds odd at best. I think there is the potential for...
  18. R

Anyone run with SCCA Track Nights In America

SCCA Track Nights in America seem like a good value for track time. Have any of you run with them? Like 'em? Do they tend to sell out early? They have a countdown timer to registration openings. Not sure if it's a gimmick or if they actually sell out quickly. Thanks.
  19. R

Anyone love Palmer Motorsports park?

Palmer is close to my home and each season I think about heading there but don't. I limit the number of track days I do each year ($$) to around 10-12, so a day or two here would need to replace what I know would be great days at Lime Rock, The Glen, Summit Point or other track that I love...
  20. R

Can I remove front sensor? ACC questions.

Last year my front sensor broke while playing in a huge snowbound parking lot. Cost a ton at VW to replace and calibrate. As an aside I could not find anyone who can re-calibrate these without going through VW. It has now gone off again. Still have to check out what the problem is, but I...