GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DasTurboWagen

VW Drive Easy

I’m thinking about getting back into a Mk7 and considering adding a VW extended warranty on top of what’s left on the bumper to bumper. Does anyone know of any online places that sell at a discount? Any experience with the warranty itself? Thanks for any info.
  2. DasTurboWagen

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I just ordered one on eBay too. Lol For the price, it's just too cool to pass up, even if it will be used once or twice a year.
  3. DasTurboWagen

Installed an Injen SP intake. I know, I know...it’s just for sound. I had a used one a couple of years ago and it feels better this time now that I have the larger ECS inlet pipe and the drivers side inlet dremeled out. Got it through Amazon Prime warehouse. Brand new, damaged box (barely) for...
  4. DasTurboWagen

Why the hate for Amsoil?

The only Amsoil oil with any type of official VW approval is their 5w30 Euro oil and it is 504/507 only. Unless there is an updated PDS which is not on their website?
  5. DasTurboWagen

Steering Wheel Volume Button Broken

Has anyone had an issue with this button breaking off on one or both sides? The left side disconnected so it’s just resting there and not depressing correctly. I was going to try to reattach with a little spec of double sided tape but wondering if anyone has had to replace this button before...
  6. DasTurboWagen

2019 VW Tiguan

My wife just leased a 2019 Tiguan S 4Motion last week. I usually hate SUVs but I love it. It drives very well, not too floaty and not too bouncy like most non-luxury SUVs. The power is more than sufficient. I read a lot of comments and reviews saying that it feels under powered but I don't feel...
  7. DasTurboWagen

Changed the throttle to "Direct, Controlled By Threshold" and set steering default to "Dynamic" via Carista. Both subtle changes but I really do like the direct throttle. It seems to have also improved manual shifting with the auto, specifically on downshifts.
  8. DasTurboWagen

Idle Vibration after Turbo Inlet Install

I installed a DFG Tuning turbo Inlet yesterday and drove the car without any issues yesterday. This morning after I parked to get coffee, the car had a vibration at idle, worse in reverse. The car runs great without any issues or anything unusual at all other than this really bad vibration at...
  9. DasTurboWagen

Installed a DFG Tuning turbo inlet. Man, the stock part was a real piece of crap. The part that sticks out and secures with the bolt crumbled off without any effort, ridiculous. Also, getting the stock intake tube on was quite a challenge but I was able to wrestle it on with some heat and a...
  10. DasTurboWagen

That was the toughest part of the whole plug change because I had to be so careful disconnecting them. Everything is so solid on this car but those connectors are made of the cheapest plastic for some reason.
  11. DasTurboWagen

Changed out the plugs today for stock VW plugs (NGK). Very easy on this car and no issue with the coil pack boots like some other people have mentioned on here. Did it completely cold and it’s a cool day (About 36 degrees) I’m just under 40k and the plugs were still around .28 gap and all...
  12. DasTurboWagen

Rear Floor Wet

I've searched and read seemingly everything on here, Vortex and a couple of other sites related to water in the car but can't find anything related to my issue. I was having an issue with the speaker seals as the bottom section deteriorated and were hanging out of the speaker when I pulled the...
  13. DasTurboWagen

Pulled my rear right door panel to find my leak and sure enough the bottom part of the speaker gasket was hanging down broken. Didn't have time to drill out speaker rivets and do a full repair so i put a bead of black RTV around the edge and taped it up, should hold until I have a chance to do a...
  14. DasTurboWagen

Did a quick rinse less wash and applied some of the new Meguiar’s Ultimate Fast Finish aerosol sealant. Extremely easy to apply, let’s see how long it lasts... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. DasTurboWagen

FS: AFE Pro Dry Panel Filter

Sold.
  16. DasTurboWagen

Boomba DV Adapter - Silver

SOLD.
  17. DasTurboWagen

Touch Up Spray Paint?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has a good source for touch up spray paint? The cheapest I've found is about $38 on eBay for a bigger can. I really only need to do a small patch on my lower front bumper, so if anyone has any sources that would be great. Thank you.
  18. DasTurboWagen

Tried out my new extractor. Worked great except for the tube collapsing some since I had the oil a little too hot, but it still did a good job. The Mityvac 7400 I had started leaking through the handle after a few changes, like they all do eventually, and I didn't feel like doing the fix so I...
  19. DasTurboWagen

Steam? From Grille After a Long Drive

I've noticed some smoke or steam coming from the front grille area a couple of times when I park after a long drive. The couple of times I've noticed this has been on rainy/ humid days. Is it possible its just from wet roads kicking up and steaming on the radiator or intercooler? I've never...
  20. DasTurboWagen

Got a set of Falken Sincera put on to replace the crappy OEM Bridgestone Ecopias after 21k Miles. Damn no traction Eco tires. BTW Tirebuyer.com is a great site. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk