GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. slow12s

Parts needed for new brakes

Hi everyone, I'm going to be ordering some new brakes for my car in the next couple days and have read some differing things on which bolts need to be replaced. I'm trying not to spend a crazy amount so I'm going with the OEM (or possibly zimmermann) rotors and EBC red pads. I've never done...
  2. slow12s

Brake noise - do I need new brakes?

Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my brakes - I am getting a very annoying squeal type sound when braking at low speeds. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger front wheel. It isn't noticeable at all if I'm braking from a normal drive (i.e. going 30+ mph and then braking), but I do...
  3. slow12s

Help: Car smelling like maple syrup/butterscotch and smoke coming out of vents

Hi everyone. I am having some car issues and just wanted to get some feedback/help diagnosing before I bring it into a local shop. I've been noticing a maple syrup/butterscotch type smell in my car the last week or so, but I figured my daughter had dropped a piece of a sucker or something...
  4. slow12s

Southbend clutch install

I'm getting my clutch, motor mounts and rear main seal all done at the same time in the next couple weeks. I have a southbend stage 3 daily along with BFI motor and trans mounts and an iabed rear main seal going in...I also purchased some motul gear fluid. I've read some stories on the DKM where...
  5. slow12s

First EPC/CEL on a road trip

I'll try to keep this somewhat brief since I've read some novel's on this site. I threw my first EPC/CEL on Saturday night. I live in Phoenix so it's 100+ degrees every day and I take it pretty easy on the car in this weather, haven't gotten on it since last winter/the last time it was in the...
  6. slow12s

FS: Inno Roof Rack/Carrier Bars for 2015-2017 GTI

*SOLD* I am selling my Inno roof rack with fit kit (XS201, XB100 and K859). This fits a 4 door 2015-2017 VW GTI. I am only selling the roof rack with the part numbers listed above, the cargo box is not for sale. I had this rack on my car for a few months and it is in like new condition. I...
  7. slow12s

Car Seat/LATCH questions for parents of kids in car seats

Hi all, expecting my daughter in about 4 1/2 weeks and we started installing the car seat in my GTI this past weekend in preparation. I had a couple of questions - I have read the car seat section in the owners manual AND I have read the manual that came with the car seat (Uppababy Mesa). I'd...
  8. slow12s

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Crazy Deal - Today only 1/1/2019

Hey guys, Costco is offering 25% back on 4 Michelin tires today only when you use the costco Visa card - https://www.costco.com/WarehouseTiresLocatorView?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1 this stacks with the $70 off for buying 4 tires (which it didn't when they had this deal...
  9. slow12s

Another eBay coupon drop 12/28

15% off everything coupon Use coupon code POPUPSAVINGS Starts at 11AM PST on 12/28. You must pay for your item by 6:00 PM Pacific Time on December 28, 2018. Enjoy. Terms & Conditions: This Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 11:00 AM PT on December 28, 2018 until 6:00 PM PT on December 28...
  10. slow12s

Another eBay coupon drop 12/7

So this one is a rumor and has not been confirmed, so don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't work Friday 12/07 3AM PST-Saturday 12/08 3AM PST: Site-wide coupon Code: PHLDAYTEN (discount automatically taken in cart) Offer: 10% off, No minimum purchase. Maximum $100 redemption Time: Friday 12/07...
  11. slow12s

What we have all been waiting for (eBay coupon)

Tomorrow 11/21, 8AM EST-8PM EST...15% off with code PICKFAST only through the eBay app on iOS or Android...maximum $100 discount. Only valid for one transaction, but can have multiple items in cart. TIME TO LOAD UP FOR THE HOLIDAYS...
  12. slow12s

Thule boxes and most accessories 20% off today

There are a bunch of sites that are doing this, REI, moosejaw, etc. sale appears to be today only and they did the exact same thing last year on 11/19...I'll be buying my box today, hopefully this helps someone else
  13. slow12s

COBB Tuning 10% Off Sitewide Sale through 11/26

Hi everyone. Local deal poster back again...As the title states, COBB is having a site-wide sale bumping accessports down from $650 to $585 (everything is on sale though). Hope some of you can take advantage of this deal https://www.cobbtuning.com/...
  14. slow12s

Audi came up with a great fix for the blind spot monitors

So some of you have seen my posts in the past about the blind spot monitors being very difficult to read clearly because they are the same color as the turn signals and are a very close distance to the little cutout in the mirror that lets the turn signal shine through. I've seen other people...
  15. slow12s

eBay 10% off coupon

Hey everyone, eBay is doing another sitewide coupon, this time only 10% off use code PICKUPTEN max is $100 discount - Valid from 8:00 AM ET on October 25, 2018 until 8:00 AM ET on October 26, 2018. No minimum purchase necessary. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Plenty...
  16. slow12s

Cargo box + sunroof use

For those of you that have a roof rack and cargo box, how often do you use your OEM sunroof? I am close to pulling a trigger on a roof rack, but I really like the look/height of the whispbars, but they only allow you to open the OEM sunroof with nothing mounted on them. If I had a cargo box on...
  17. slow12s

QuickJack on Sale

Hey all, just wanted to pass this along, saw this sale and I know a lot of people have seen these on GTI Jake's car and really liked them...Costco has them for $1099 online or possibly $999 in store, good for 5k lbs -...
  18. slow12s

Thule Aeroblade 53" Bar Overhang (or any roof rack's where the bars hang over)

For those of you with this style roof rack, if you have children, have you ever banged your head after buckling your kid into their car seat? I'm trying to decide on roof rack's, I'm not a huge fan of the way the OEM one looks, the whispbars would be my choice, but can't open the sunroof with...
  19. slow12s

Whispbars and the OEM Sunroof

For those of you that have the Whispbars or that have had them on your car, will the OEM sunroof clear the whispbars? and if so, any interference from a cargo box or everything was still all good with the sunroof? I have searched around and most of the posts I've seen on whispbars are on the R...
  20. slow12s

PSA: ebay has 15% off today

hey guys, friendly deal poster here again...this code will be valid in about 45 minutes so you have time to do some shopping and prep work on what you want before the code will work use code PRONTO15 valid from 8AM-10PM PST on orders of $25 or more, max discount is $100 last time this coupon...