GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JacobAllison

Alignment San Diego

Dealer claims I need an alignment on my car. Anyone have a suggestion for a tech shop in San Diego? Don't want them to half-ass it at the dealer and since they (apparently) couldn't find my 2nd shipping puck I deliberately left in there I don't trust them.
  2. JacobAllison

Default VCDS Coding for 2017 GTI 'Sport' (Power Package/Lighting Package-no fogs)

Hey everyone; I'm having some issues with my cruise control. Took it to the dealer and they were all 'IS IT CHIPPED?' and I said 'no', (because it's not). Anyway, they can probably fix it but I want to take one more crack at it just being a coding problem because I don't think there are any...
  3. JacobAllison

Steering wheel buttons randomly stopped working?

Hey everyone, Sometime between Sunday when I drove home from Cars n Coffee and this morning my steering wheel buttons stopped working. No CEL thrown, haven't had a chance to pull the codes from VCDS. Any ideas what might have caused this? I haven't even done anything to the car!
  4. JacobAllison

Cars n' Coffee, some MK7 content, mostly not!

Great turnout this morning at the local Cars n' Coffee. I took the opportunity to do a video of it since I haven't had much chance to do any video at work the past year. If you'd like to check it out it's over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTRngvZV9xg Had some fun interviewing a few...
  5. JacobAllison

$@#$! Scratched the airbag/horn emblem.

Anyone know where I can get/is it possible to get a replacement horn/airbag emblem? While removing the steering wheel today i STUPIDLY put the airbag face down and put a scratch on the emblem. It's not really THAT important but I'm going to notice it forever. :(:mad::(
  6. JacobAllison

Speckled Windshield?

So, I noticed this when I got the car but thought it was dust because the car had been sitting in the lot for a while before I could pick it up. (2 months!) I've got like a sort of 'speckle' all over my windshield, like very, very fine scratches or pits of some sort. It's only noticeable when...
  7. JacobAllison

San Diego E85 or high-octane?

Looking to run some E85 or higher octane gas for canyon carving and Race Legal in San Diego, so I can get on MAP 2 for the JB4. Any idea on anywhere in town that sells E85? I can't find it on the E85 tracking sites. Edit- Wow, okay, I swear I looked like 3 times but this time I found at least...
  8. JacobAllison

Brake Pad Options for R-Line/Sport/PP Brakes

What are y'all running for pads on the PP/R-Line/Sport brakes? I am so FREAKIN' tired of all the dust these put out. Are there any options which have a bit less dust dust but with the same or better stopping power? If this is just what I have to put up with to have good brakes on this car, I'll...
  9. JacobAllison

Cars'n'Coffee'n'Donuts Tomorrow - Mira Mesa (San Diego County)

Anyone going to be at Cars-n-Coffee-n-Donuts tomorrow morning? Just got the car washed after spending a week in the hospital! Hoping to see some MK7's and get some ideas where to go from here on the car. https://www.facebook.com/events/128768804469349/
  10. JacobAllison

Boost - 20PSI with JB4 Map 1?

Hello everyone, just installed my New South Performance boost gauge today and noted that during WOT I'm seeing a max of about 20PSI at WOT. Does this sound right? Running a JB4 with Map 1. I shot a video of it but I lifted right after hitting 20 so I'd like to shoot another one tomorrow when I...
  11. JacobAllison

RAVEN - 2017 GTI SPORT (CSG 6MT)

Hello everyone! My brand new 2017 GTI Sport in Carbon Steel Grey Metallic with the 6MT transmission will be in my hands May 22nd, and I've been spending this week ordering up all the parts to make her awesome. In my family, we always name our cars, and this one's name is 'Raven'. She's named...
  12. JacobAllison

GTI Sport Trim BCM?

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew which BCM the new Sport trim has? Specifically, will it support a factory fog light retrofit? I have to assume it does since these cars have the lighting package of the higher trim GTIs, and every GTI except the sport has fogs standard. (Weird...
  13. JacobAllison

Bang for the Buck Mods on a GTI Sport

The point of this post is answer to 'What should I do to my car?' with the most common mods that seem to have a good effect, both performance oriented and cosmetic. Let's call this 'GTI Stage .75 Overall Tune & Mod'. Budget: $2500 Pre-Reqs: Tires, VW Golf MK7 I'm assuming you have the...
  14. JacobAllison

Hello from San Diego! (2017 GTI Sport CSG?)

Hello everyone! After 5 years of Japan-based car-non-ownership, I got back to the US just in time to go on a WestPac deployment. Not all a bad thing- it made me eligible for Military OneSource's Overseas/Deployed buyer's program, and as of this morning my order has been accepted by the factory...