GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Wookies in the Woods

Dear Golf R folks, I'm getting excited about www.wookiesinthewoods.com and I've already started a packing list. What is on your packing list that you always take on a long drive through the mountains at perfectly reasonable speeds?
  2. E

Tire Recs

Last night I got a flat in my driver's side tire. I probably need to replace at least the front 2, but would consider 4 if I found a Labor Day sale. I'm trying to replace my OEM '17 R tires - 235/35/19. Any recommendations coupled with deals you see? Thanks!
  3. E

JB4 Thoughts Requested

Just put on the JB4 and will be fiddling with it soon. Had to reset the bluetooth connection as I purchased it second hand. Any tips from the community? I believe Map 2 is a good starting place and then I move to Map 6 after I have done some data logging and send it to George? Would love to...
  4. E

Cool Valve Stems - Ready? Go!

I need new ones. Suggest the coolest (don't give me LED suggestions) that you've seen or had. Thanks!
  5. E

Wookies in the Woods Review

Hey Folks, I just want to give a non-paid shout out to the Wookies in the Woods folks. It was my first time. (And yes, I had an "oh shit" moment or two) I had a blast though and ultimately a very safe time. It was such a joy to be on a road that seemed purpose built for the R. Mine is bone...
  6. E

Golf as a "Borderline Supercar"

There is a thread right now about a GTI vs. R that broached the subject of the R being a Borderline Supercar. To not highjack that thread, I'd like to talk about it here. I would make the case that the R is decidedly NOT a borderline supercar. Clearly, the R is a great car. It is fast...
  7. E

Golf R 2017 windshield replacement - AMA

I have a 17 R (US) and caught a rock in the windshield. I have been frustrated with the process of the repair so I thought I would share for everyone's benefit. 1) You have to get your lane departure system recalibrated. This is difficult and expensive. I would only use a trusted dealer. 2)...
  8. E

Wookies in the Woods

Who is going? https://www.wookiesinthewoods.com/
  9. E

Anyone Have This Guy...

https://www.kliimotorwerkes.com/collections/paint-match-series/products/vw-steering-wheel-badge-inlay-oryx-white-pearl Thoughts on look and installation? Thanks!
  10. E

Flat Tire

I just got a flat tire. Grr. I have 9500 miles on my R. Do I need to replace all four? What can I get away with, while keeping my ride safe.
  11. E

ECS Flush Kit - Need Help

Hey Folks, Mom asked for Christmas ideas already - yes, I am a full grown man and yes, I am going to ask her for a flush kit. Set your judgment aside for a sec and help me. Thanks. Should I get this: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ball-seat-stud-conversion-flush-kit/012900ecs02akt/...
  12. E

Cars and Coffee Experiences

I'm planning on going to the local event in New Orleans in a couple of weeks. I like both, cars and coffee - so I'm going. I plan on cleaning the car up nice beforehand and trying to find some parking buddies. What do I have to expect though? What have your experiences been like?
  13. E

Bar Keepers Friend

This stuff flat out works. I got some off Amazon and it came with a pad. 10 minutes later and these pipes are sparkling. Thanks for all who suggested it on this forum. [emoji106] Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  14. E

ODBII in New Orleans

Anyone want to meet up? I'd like to try some things out. :)
  15. E

Let's Talk about Window Tint

Hey folks, I live where it is hot. I need tinted windows for all the reasons. I know there are better kinds of tint than others and that some of them cost more because they are better. Is there a goldilocks tint that won't kill my bank account but is still gonna look great and keep me cool...
  16. E

Soon...

Saturday I buy a slightly used 2017 Golf R. I've had a gap in my respectable car ownership and cannot wait to get this puppy on the road. I'm definitely posting pictures later. She is oryx white, has no front bumper license plate, under 7K in miles and is all mine - except when my wife needs...
  17. E

Official Oryx White Golf R Thread

Because there wasn't one before.
  18. E

Golf R Warranty Transfer

Hey folks, I am considering buying a Golf R from not a VW dealership that is out of town from me. It is a used 2017 with low miles. I'm having a friend (Golf R owner) drive it and getting a mechanic to take a look beforehand too before I go and fly to buy it. No notes on the Carfax on the car...
  19. E

Would You...

I'm starting a new job so I'm in the market for an R, but want to wait a little bit before pulling the trigger. Here is a hypothetical that is out there now: 2017 Golf R, LSG, Manual 878 miles on it and one owner I called the last place it was serviced that was on the Car Fax and they stated...
  20. E

Golf R Pricing - Avoid Leesburg Volkswagen in Florida

Friendly PSA for all of y'all shopping R's. I got a quote from Leesburg, Volkswagen regarding their black DSG R that was listed online for $36,615 (and you could even get it at 36,115 if you were a recent college grad). The sales person there quoted me at an OTD price at 6% sales tax and TT&L...