GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Mikeyd1

Has anyone had this paint rub from bottom of door rubber

My brother picked up a really nice gti the other day we were both washing the cars today and we noticed this on both sides just under the drivers door edge and passages door where the rubber meets the body . The drivers door is worst. The paint is so thin there was already a bit of surface rust...
  2. Mikeyd1

Anyone with photoshop

Can anyone turn these wheels dark grey for me or all silver. I just want to see before refurb. Thanks
  3. Mikeyd1

New car but with stone chips. Walk away or buy

I’ve been looking at a gti. The whole is amaculate and in the right colour and a 3 door the only thing I noticed was this little chip above windscreen
  4. Mikeyd1

Factory defect which could lead to rust get checkin

On the rear underbody of our cars there is two outer grommets on the box section that can be removed if you was fitting the Audi jack pad kit , just inboard of the rear jacking point. when u remove the far end one it is down to metal around the edge of outer hole, it’s not big but it’s there...
  5. Mikeyd1

Body clip is split. Impossible to remove without removing bumper

Hi guys looking for advice, I was fitting my wheels and on the rear I notice my arch liner wasn’t aligned properly so I undid a few of the torx screws the while looking up in the wheel well I notice the clip what is on the body where the screw comes from the bumper to the body it has a slight...
  6. Mikeyd1

2018 dsg reliability

Hi guys. I’ve been looking to get a 2018 1.4 tsi, dsg. But I keep reading all these horror story’s about the gearbox. I know it will have 18 month warranty on it but what are these like for reliability. Thanks in advance
  7. Mikeyd1

New rims

Got new rims today
  8. Mikeyd1

Anyone know where to get this red touch up paint from

Small rash. For the life of me I can't find the right colour touch up paint. Any help will be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance
  9. Mikeyd1

Thoughts on these alloys

Just bought these
  10. Mikeyd1

Big gap/ hole in rear valence on mk7.5 1.4 tsi

I was under my car today and noticed a big hole in rear bumper valence.its proberly for toe hitch or somethink but for fs vw cheaping out on puting a cover on
  11. Mikeyd1

Nogaro or Seville alloys I wanna buy

Does anyone know where I can get a mint set of nogaro or Seville alloys. If anyone comes across a nice set could u please let me know.thanks
  12. Mikeyd1

Parking brake when off by itself

I started the car up this morning as I took my foot of the clutch my parking brake disengaged without me touching gas or brake lucky I heard it disingaging or could of been a accident
  13. Mikeyd1

New car clutch noise??maybe

So I picked my car in March and at about 200 miles I noticed first thing in the morning when selecting reverse when I bring up clutch to biting point I can here a slight knocking what disappears after a couple of seconds and then I can't replicate untill the next day. The car makes no noise...
  14. Mikeyd1

Karlskoga alloys like rocking horse sh*t

I just can't get hold of a set of karlskoga alloys searched ebay and just one set without tyres from Germany. Somebody must know where I can get a set from
  15. Mikeyd1

Has anyone changed a inner door seal before

Hi guys. Well I've noticed on my car there is some wear marks on my front drivers door seal left by the previous owner. I know I theory if i wanted to change the seal it should be simple but it's unclipping all the panels around it I'm not to sure about has anyone changed one before. Thanks
  16. Mikeyd1

Singapore's alloys for sale

I'm selling my Singapore's mint condition. Looking for 850 or closes offer or I may part ex for a mint set of dovers and cash
  17. Mikeyd1

Anyone know this car CK66ZNU

Anyone know this car Cl66ysr I'm about to buy this car. It looks very well maintained. I just wanted to see if It use to belong to anyone on here. Thanks
  18. Mikeyd1

Paint defect/bubble/

Hi guys can stone explains this. I went to get my car moped and detailed today as my guy was looking around the car he noticed this paint defects on my drivers side door sill/door shut.he said this might just a bit of crap under the paint. What you guys think? I've read about zinc blister and...
  19. Mikeyd1

Multiple misfires

Hi guys.i picked up a 2016 vw golf 1.4 tsi 125 about a week ago and today I had error stop start come on the screen and engine management light flash. Then it went off by itself within a minute. Well I scanned it with obdeleven and got p0303 random Miss fire detected cylinder 1, then in a...
  20. Mikeyd1

Merry christmas

Just a quick one to say happy Christmas to everyone