GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Water pump leaking @ 34,000 miles

So I did quite a few back when I wrenched 5 years ago. Sorta sour VW still can't make a waterpump for the 2.0T that lasts. Funny part was I was helping my dad with a coolant problem on his one work truck. Get in my car to head home and my low coolant light was on. How ironic.... I was told that...
  2. P

Thinking about going back to (vw)wrenching...

Well, it's been 4.5 years since I rolled my toolbox out of the shop. I primarily left because I was thoroughly fed up with warranty rates and the dreaded dead months. I.E. the holiday season when everyone would rather buy their kids tablets then take them to school with tires that have tread...
  3. P

First night in the cold, cold start misfires...

So, recently moved and lost my nice heated parking garage and washbay. I now park in an exposed covered parking area that cuts the wind some and helps with snow, but that's about it. Recently temperatures here have begun to dip well below freezing at nights, and my GTI has never had to spend the...
  4. P

CBD/Hemp Oil users

So, recently Ohio passed a law making CBD, and all hemp oil products, illegal to sell or posses. Starting 9/8/2018. This is unfortunate, as CBD oil has helped myself and many I know with a multitude of health issues ranging from high BP to seizures. I am personally referring to CBD oil as a...
  5. P

What's your favorite "Bug Remover" product, and what's your least.

Best one I've used so far was Stoner's Tarminator. Only downfall to this product is the lack of product in each can, but it's cheap. Worst was the Seafoam brand bug and tar remover from Advanced Autoparts. Got what I paid for. I have CarPro's new 'Bug Out' in the mail currently, was hoping I...
  6. P

USS COD Memorial Opening Day.

Any NE Ohioans(or anywhere for the matter), just wanted to let you guys know that the USS Cod Memorial is opening April 28 for tours from 11AM-5PM every day until October 1. Rain or shine. Recently volunteered and want to raise awareness of the only original configuration WWII Submarine still...
  7. P

Do you waterless wash? Good towels here on sale!

https://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Microfiber-M13/ 30% off all microfiber on DI. The Double Thick Edgeless towels are a beast for waterless washes or delicate paints. I usually use one as a final buff after a wash too to get rid of any water spots or streaks from drying. Decent products worth...
  8. P

Instagram feed for Navel and Sub nuts

If you are at all interested in the second world war, "The Silent Service", or just history in general, check out my new account on Instagram. I try to post daily, I have themes and series, and mention some very cool rarely mentioned items and events. @subpac_ww2
  9. P

Ceramic Pro 9H, 1 year in.

I'll try to keep this short, but I know once in awhile people ask about coatings on here, so here is my recent experience with one. Ceramic you wish you spent less on something else Pro. The insane hydrophobicity tappered off after about 3-4 months. This was washing no less then once a week...
  10. P

Any modelers here?

I have always been a huge fan of navel vessels, primarily American BBs and CAs from 1900-1945. I am thinking about getting my first model, not complex, and was just curious if any of you partake in the hobby? I made lego models growing up(my own F those premade sets!), and one very simple...
  11. P

Why are some scared to use machines?

I have noticed some threads lately, often titled(or close to) "Ready to move from hand polishing to machine"... as if hand polishing is less scary and easier to grasp. IT SUCKS! It's almost always uneven or shows errors on your parts much more then a machine will. I tried hand polishing my dad's...
  12. P

Does anyone read books still?

The other day somebody at my place of employment was stunned I was reading on my lunch break, not my phone, but a book. With real paper pages and everything. They mentioned that it had been a long time since they saw anyone face first in a book for pure pleasure reasons. I always have a book in...
  13. P

SEMA 2017 New Products

Not sure if anyone is staying up to date with SEMA unveils, but this year was pretty solid for detailers/detailing enthusiasts. The products I am most looking forward to trying are: CarPro Gliss carbon coating Meguier's Professional Line Citrus Power Clean & CarPro Bug Out. Yours?
  14. P

Pictures of you dog(s)

This is Aajay, he is 6 months old and 73lbs already. Oh boy lol. Pure bred Charcoal Labrador.
  15. P

Creaking noise when taking off or sharp, slow corners. Subframe?

Hey all. I spent 4 years cursing squeak and rattle concerns, and the creaks and squeaks. For good reason, they suck finding and don't pay shat!!! But, here I am, with a creaking concern. It's only on first take off, and it's faint enough to not be heard when the windows are down and traffic is...
  16. P

Who else watches Rick and Morty?

Best show ever. Period. Check it out. I'M PICKLE RICK!!!!! First 2 seasons can be found for free all over the internet, no pirating needed. New season 3 episodes ever Sunday. The show is outrageously hilarious and ridiculous on a whole other level.
  17. P

How long does it take for you to wash your car?

For me a "top-to-bottom", as I call it, takes about 1:20. With my one friend we can help eachother and get each car done in 45 minutes. Our best is 43 minutes on my GTI. That's a full 2-bucket wash, wheels and tires cleaned, fenderwells, and calipers. Drying time is reduced significantly with...
  18. P

Windows down with fob on '17 Sport

Hey guys, a friend of mine and myself were just wondering if anyone has changed the coding on a '17 Sport(or any '17 GTI) to roll the windows down with the key fob. We can find it for '16s and his wifes '17 Wolfsburg, but not ours. Different BCM I guess. Thanks in advance for any help! -James
  19. P

Where have you found the biggest internet trolls?

Yahoo....definitely Yahoo for me. To the point where it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Lol.
  20. P

48 hours. 20% off Optimum products @ detailedimage.com

http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum-OPT-M36/ 20% off all products plus 2 free towels with coupon code.