GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. scrapin240

A Trackday Novice Perspective | 2018 GTI SE

Great Thread! Don't feel too bad about your Dad...he's an exception since he's a monster on two wheels as well.
  2. scrapin240

ESC Automatically Turning Back On

your issue is that your car is too low. i bent the level sensor arms and you need to raise the car bit by bit until you don't get the error. i can almost 100% guarantee that's the issue
  3. scrapin240

Want more front camber? Powerflex Bushings is the Answer!

One thing I forgot to mention is that i got an alignment recently, and they were at the -2.5 to -2.6 range, so not that drastic as when I first installed. Didn't change anything else.
  4. scrapin240

So far so good. About 3k miles, and a couple track weekends, and no issues.
  5. scrapin240

Didn’t realize how easily the R can lift off oversteer..

Here is a video of the oversteer fun :oops:
  6. scrapin240

Didn’t realize how easily the R can lift off oversteer..

This was super helpful! I had a nasty case of throttle lift oversteer with my new setup, and couldn't dial it out compared to my previous setup. I remembered overnight that over the winter I had changed the front bar to stiff. Next morning, put it back to the softer setting, and it was a new...
  7. scrapin240

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

is that Haldex you're feeling or XDS? I believe at that point Haldex is over and XDS is doing it's thing
  8. scrapin240

Mk7 R Telemetry and Data Overlay

I just got a racepcature...any help you can provide setting it up would be GREAT!
  9. scrapin240

Recording Steering Wheel Angle and Brake Pressure?

Hey! any insight in helping me get started. I purchased a RaceCapture/Track, but would rather log through OBD as it's less wiring, and well I go to the track so little, just want some additional channels that AP already has. Any help appreciated.
  10. scrapin240

I had the complete SuperPro LCA. The bushing started separating after 8k miles, and they replaced it under warranty thankfully. I decided to try this route and was able to squeeze a bit more camber.vs the SuperPro LCA. longevity is still to be seen.
  11. scrapin240

I have various mounts, so I always had a bit of NVH going on, don't think it added it to it.
  12. scrapin240

Macan Brembo owners who track their Golf, pls weigh in.

My ST-60s helped with overheating and glazing the pads for sure. I had that same disc issues with the zimmerman rotors and macan brakes with the shuddering. It was annoying to say the least
  13. scrapin240

Does a Catted Downpipe Really Add Power?

I have a downpipe, Stage 2 EQT. All exhausts tested were resonated and valved Over the last 2 weeks or so, I swapped from my Milltek catback to stock catback . Then Stock catback to APR Catback, and then back to stock. Every time I swapped back to stock the car spooled slower and wasn't as...
  14. scrapin240

Macan Brembo owners who track their Golf, pls weigh in.

according to Pagid, the size of the brake discs are the biggest thing in cooling. It's a huge heat sink.
  15. scrapin240

Anyone fitted Bilstein B16 Damptronic Coilovers?

@DSC Sport any updates on the other Bilstein Offerings? your own, etc.?
  16. scrapin240

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Any other side profile pics? Looks great so far 😍
  17. scrapin240

MK7.5R Burning Oil/Coolant Smell

just checked my 2019 R and it has the BL version and not the BM. On track I never had any issues with blow-by, but maybe worth upgrading to the BM. I would do an aftermarket one, but it gets cold here, and I'm not going to worry about a catch can.
  18. scrapin240

TD1s unite! what year/model?
  19. scrapin240

i have checked for leaks around the thermostat housing and nothing. Nothing visual around the turbo, at least I can see. I can smell coolant though. Never changed PCV valve on this car.