GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Gogo GTI

Alternative Replacement Filter for CTS Intake

Does anyone know if K&N or some other company makes a replacement filter that is compatible with the CTS CAI? My order has been on back order *forever*.
  2. Gogo GTI

Are MK7s common targets for car thieves?

Are MK7s common targets for car thieves? Someone tried to pick the lock on my car last night with some kind of tool. I’m assuming they wanted the whole car and not just something inside of it. I imagine if they wanted something inside the car, they would’ve just smashed a window. Wondering if...
  3. Gogo GTI

Another one bites the dust (injector stuck)

Current update on my GTI. Took the car back to the shop over a week ago and I’m so happy to report that the smell is entirely gone now! The shop claims they found nothing wrong and all they did was “clean” the engine a little bit. Not sure if they’re being transparent with me, maybe covering up...
  4. Gogo GTI

That’s what I was thinking. I mentioned it to the shop and they don’t think that’s the problem. Would a bad cat throw a code? Cant park my car in the garage. It smells horrendous.
  5. Gogo GTI

I don’t follow the logic here. Seems like you’re assuming mechanics don’t make mistakes or they are able to find every problem the first time they work on a car. I understand that the car was flooded with gas and that it might take a while for the smell to dissipate. But it’s been over 2 weeks...
  6. Gogo GTI

Quick update on my repairs: Got all 4 fuel injectors replaced. Shop said they expected to see a bunch of carbon build up that caused one to stay stuck open. It all looked pretty clean and valves didn’t even need carbon cleaning. Car has 63K miles. The car still gives off a gas smell. Not...
  7. Gogo GTI

What would guys pay for 4 injector replacement, and for valve cleaning? I’m getting wildly different quotes. I’m in Boulder, CO btw where everything seems to cost a lot.
  8. Gogo GTI

So I’m calling around for repair estimates. In addition to replacing the fuel injectors, I want to clean carbon from the valves. One shop says they remove carbon by hand and not by walnut shell blasting. Is this a legit way to clean or should I ignore this shop?
  9. Gogo GTI

Spark plug 3 was wet with fuel.
  10. Gogo GTI

Spark plugs 1, 2, and 4 look like this.
  11. Gogo GTI

Ugghhh this happened to me a few days ago! Got on the freeway, under acceleration, the engine stumbled, CEL then EPC light came on. Got it towed home and checked for codes: Misfire Random/multiple cylinder P030000 Misfire Cyl 3 P030300 Misfire Cyl 4 P030400 Wanted to rule out coil packs and...
  12. Gogo GTI

Any Detailer Recommendations in Denver/Boulder Area?

Had my car serviced at the dealership today. They washed my car without me knowing it and now there are swirl marks and micro scratches all over. 5 years of carefully washing my car and now this shit. Can anyone recommend a good detailer in the Denver/Boulder area? Thanks.
  13. Gogo GTI

Passing Colorado Smog Check

I’m relatively new to CO and not familiar with the smog checks out here. I have a cold air intake. Will that pass visual inspection out here?
  14. Gogo GTI

FS: **SOLD** $400 18" GTI Sport Nogaro Wheels

Dropped the price to $400.
  15. Gogo GTI

FS: **SOLD** $400 18" GTI Sport Nogaro Wheels

Dropped the price to $400.
  16. Gogo GTI

PSA: CTS Intake with Group 48 Battery

So for clarification, if you went with a smaller battery then no issues? Why not go that route?
  17. Gogo GTI

Any meetups in the Aurora/Denver area?

Really nice meeting you guys. Beautiful route, I will have to do that again sometime.