GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

You're fine to mix other 508 oils as the additive packs will be pretty similar. You might be able to find the M1 locally for a good price.
  2. N

Clutchless ignition update: solved (maybe)

Great work. The install does look like a real pain but kudos for figuring it out!
  3. N

Reduce gear noise with single mass flywheel

Exactly why it's due to gear lash and why a high VI gear oil will help. They thin out less at higher temps while staying thinner when cold compared to low VI oils.
  4. N

You're wrong again. Tribology really isn't your subject, is it? The SMF doesn't make any noise. The "chatter" is gear lash that's soaked up by the DMF but not by the SMF. That's why thicker gear oil quiets the noise.
  5. N

There were changes to the oil pump and a few other things to run the thinner oil in the 2019s. For those, I'd run the two that I recommended early in the thread.
  6. N

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

The RSR has a very mild pressure plate that won't add much pressure.
  7. N

Then try to find the oil with the highest VI so it won't be as difficult to shift when cold but will still have a thicker fluid film when hot.
  8. N

Again, I'm talking about the 0w20 508 oils in the study. Our cars were spec'd for 502 which includes a few 0w30s, some 5w30s and a bunch of 0w40 and 5w40 oils. Too thin of an oil will accelerate thrust bearing wear and increase the chance of crank walk.
  9. N

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

Someone didn't read the entire thread.
  10. N

Sachs SRE on MK7 - Grab point changed! ?

The engagement point changes as the thickness of the friction material is worn down unless you get a self-adjusting pressure plate like the one used in the RSR kits.
  11. N

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

I don't see any reason to use 5050 instead of EQT. None.
  12. N

RLI 0w30 for my GTI. Super high VI for a 0w30.
  13. N

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

Name change to 5050? Maybe you get a tune and maybe you don't.
  14. N

What was your GTI spec'd for when produced? There's your answer.
  15. N

You just can't stop struggling. This ENTIRE THREAD is about 508 0w20 oils. Quit while you're behind.
  16. N

Ugh. We're talking about 508 0w20 oils in this thread. Perhaps re-reading the title of the thread will refresh your memory. For anyone else living in a world of struggle with Stilja, I would never recommend running any of these oils (508 0w20) in their GTI or R, especially if tuned. The...
  17. N

You're still on the struggle bus. When did I say to never use Mobil 1? Please link to my direct quote.
  18. N

You're still struggling. I said that LiquiMoly and Fuchs were the two standouts. Fuchs has the best protection and is the only one that I would ever consider using in our cars (though I never would) and the LiquiMoly shows the best protection when trying to maximize fuel economy in a car that...
  19. N

You're obviously struggling here so I'll try to help you out. ONLY 0w20 oils were tested. The fact that you use 0w40 and base your Mobil 1 recommendation off of that fact is ridiculous when it comes to 508 0w20 oils and shows how little you understand about tribology.
  20. N

No it wasn't and I've never used LiquiMoly. Please link to your UOA of 0w20 on your stage 2 running e50.