GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. italynstylion

BNIB: Golf R COBB Access Port with EQT Tune Service

Selling my brand new Cobb AP for Golf R. I ended up selling the car before installing the unit (I bought an RX7). I had bought the unit as part of a package deal from EQT with the turbo kit they offer and it included an e-tune from Ed at EQT. Thus, whomever buys this unit will get a full custom...
  2. italynstylion

2017 DCC/ACC Golf R DSG: Full APR Stage 2 w/ 19k miles

Up for sale is my lovely 2017 DSG Lapis Blue Golf R. The car is equipped with DCC adaptive dampers and ACC, adaptive cruise control. It also includes the Fender Audio system with NAV. The car has just over 19,100 miles on the clock and may increase slightly since I’m still driving it a bit. The...
  3. italynstylion

NIB: EQT Vortex Turbo Kit, HPFP, and COBB AP w/ e-tune :)

Retail is $3350 (+shipping) for the entire kit which consists of the following... -Turbo Kit (SOLD) -Hard charge pipes and turbo muffler delete. (SOLD) -High Pressure Fuel Pump (SOLD) -Cobb AP and E tuning from Ed at EQT to tune the whole thing. (STILL AVAILABLE) Here's a link to the Webpage...
  4. italynstylion

Spartan Racers In Here?

I have yet to do a Spartan race but I've run a bunch of other types. Savage Race, Warrior Dash, Fitness Freak, Jailbreak, and a few others. They are SO much fun. In my opinion, you need to be a fast runner first and then you need to have great grip strength. If you have those two things you'll...
  5. italynstylion

Moving advice?

I currently live in North Dallas in a town called Plano. Love it here for what it is. Here's the breakdown of the different parts of Texas... North Texas This is the area called DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth). You'll also hear it referred to as the Metroplex. The whole area is sort of built like a...
  6. italynstylion

Building a PC, Need help!

Honestly, that's more processor than you realistically need but it's a good value unit so I'd keep it. You also could scale back on the PSU (based on wattage) but again, that's so cheap I don't think it makes sense to scale back. I run almost the exact same RAM in my box and it's great.
  7. italynstylion

Dallas Members: Anyone willing to help with a turbo install?

Any Golf R wizards in the area? I recently picked up the Vortex turbo kit from EQT and I'm going to install it. I'm very mechanically inclined and familiar with my Tacoma but not so familiar with the Golf R. The Golf is still fairly new to me and the only thing I've had to do is brake pads since...
  8. italynstylion

Transmission Layout

I'm either not using the right search terms or the information I'm looking for isn't very prevalent. Either way, I have some easy questions I need some answers to. I'm not able to find good cutaway drawings or diagrams. 1) Is the front diff inside the DSG transmission or is it a separate unit...
  9. italynstylion

Golf R Brake Upgrade: New BBK or pads/fluid/rotors?

Been reading a LOT of threads on brake upgrades yet. Kinda hard to sift through the info as it relates to the Golf R vs GTIs but I'm doing my best. I know some of the smaller caliper upgrades for the GTI are great but I'm finding it difficult to determine if it's even worth doing since I'll be...
  10. italynstylion

APR Stage 3 (non +) on a stock bottom end?

I'm currently at Stage 2 and am loving the car. Straight up NASTY from a dig. It's fast from a roll too but not nearly the same caliber as it is from a dig. Thus, I've been looking for a little more top end power. Stage 2 is 100% maxed out. Just as an FYI, the car's most recent dyno (mustang 4WD...
  11. italynstylion

Going past APR Stage 2: What's next?

I, like a few others here, am running a full APR Stage 2 system (ECU and TSU tune, downpipe, intercooler, intake) on my Golf R. It's an absolute animal. I love it. But I'm already starting to get the itch.... What's next without building the bottom end and getting a larger turbo? I'm certain...
  12. italynstylion

Socialized Medicine

That means your body is efficient; which is NOT a bad thing. Realistically, it means you don't cost as much to run as a machine. But you said yourself, you know EXACTLY what it takes to keep you at a stable weight (regardless of what that weight is). The self control is another issue entirely...
  13. italynstylion

Socialized Medicine

I 100% agree. That's why I said the two can't possibly coexist. That being said, I think there should be HUGE profit (in the form of awards or something) for people who make medical advances or breakthroughs. We need to keep the pool of intelligent people VERY deep for those tasks. Not true...
  14. italynstylion

Socialized Medicine

I think that's what is wrong with every plan that's been proposed in the USA. Nearly all citizens seem to be ok with supporting those who are diagnosed with things they couldn't prevent. However, many people (including myself) have a VERY big issue supporting people who've spent years nearly...
  15. italynstylion

What's your worst speeding ticket?

Got a ticket for 105 in a 70 from a state trooper. It was really late at night on a 4 lane (each way) highway with no one on it. Here's how the conversation went... Cop: Going a bit fast there. Saw 105 on the gun. Me: Yes Sir, I won't argue. If 105 is what you saw I'll take it. Cop: So you had...
  16. italynstylion

Homelink Mirror....anyone install an aftermarket one?

Yes, I'm aware of the double apex unit...no it won't work for my use. Unfortunately it won't work with my gate. Fun times. So that leaves me with no other option but to install a legitimate Homelink unit in the car. I think I'm going to opt to go the mirror route since that would mean way less...
  17. italynstylion

USB Location: Anyone move it?

The stock location for the USB port on my Golf R is one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced. Everything else about the car is damn near perfect. Having the phone plugged in for Android Auto is a big ole pain in the ass since it's right behind the shifter. I'm considering running a...
  18. italynstylion

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

Specialized Camber Comp 29. Came from a Trek Top Fuel 8 that I rode for 5 years. Love this specialized!
  19. italynstylion

MK7 Golf R Track Use: What's needed to be "track ready"?

Just as the title states, I'm a new Golf R owner looking to run some sessions on the track but I want to make sure I have everything I need to ensure it remains reliable. Also, track use (to me) is circuit tracks, not drag racing. Currently I'm at APR Stage 2 (including the intercooler) so I...
  20. italynstylion

FS: Brand New OEM 2017 Golf R Intercooler, Downpipe, and Intake.

Just bought a new 2017 Golf R and had APR upgrades installed at the dealership. The stock parts that came off the car are brand new and untouched. Car had 12 miles on it. The intercooler will ship in the APR box since it's packaging fits the stock unit too and will protect it. Intake includes...