GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Car-Net “Car-Net connection interrupted” error message

I’m suddenly getting a ““Car-Net connection interrupted” error message on the infotainment screen on my GTI Mk7 MY 2016. That is to say, I can’t access Car-Net weather and news etc. functions and I the sat nav destinations I’ve sent remotely to the car from the VW app aren’t arriving. Any ideas...
  2. L

Jacking points for axle stands

Where are the jacking points when you’ve got one wheel of the car up with a hydraulic jack. I fitted a pair of rear Audi S3 jacking pads, but can’t remember where exactly they’re located! I’ve not been under the car for a while … .. I’m going to rotate the wheels and I want to avoid the extra...
  3. L

EPC & Exhaust indicator lights lit up

Both my EPC (Engine Management System fault -Electronic Power Control) and engine icon (“There is a fault with the exhaust”) have lit up. Page 319 in my Owner’s Manual. Before I book the car in to a workshop, I’d like to know what the likely causes could be. The car (GTI Mk 7 DSG Power Pack...
  4. L

Spark plug removal and replacement tools CHHA engine 2016

What tools do people use to remove and replace our spark plugs? Lots of advice on YouTube I know, but we (England) can’t easily get the Schwaben, ECT tools mentioned. I believe (partsman at the dealer) that the plugs I need for my CHHA are VAG part number 06K 905 601 B (NGK PLFER7A8EG) What...
  5. L

Discover Media (Generation 2) Infotainment system Edition 11.2015 - deleting individual destinations

Is there a way of deleting individual destinations from your Destination Memory? There was quite a discussion here: https://www.trocforums.co.uk/threads/navigation-edit-delete.1694/ but nothing that seems to work, easily. Before I start digging further, I'd appreciate comments from anyone who...
  6. L

MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)

How do I find out what my MIB is? I've just seen what looks like an interesting post on YouTube "MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)". My infotainment manual is entitled "Composition Media, Discover Media (Generation 2) Infotainment System" The car is a MY 2016...
  7. L

Car Net: My Destinations

Using the We Connect app on my iPad Pro I tried to Add a Destination earlier this week and found that the top left icon (arrow & car) seems to be restricted/grayed out? See attachment. So it seems that I can’t add a destination. I checked with VW WeConnect Support Team 0800-279 750 8 just now...
  8. L

Can we attach photos to PMs?

Can we attach a photo to a pm? I could use an iPhone SE, MacBook Pro or iPad Pro. Thanks, Leopold1
  9. L

VAG screen wash additive for fan-jets

Apparently all sizes of the VAG screenwash additive we’re supposed to use for our fan-jets is in short supply. Is there another product we can safely use? Leopold1
  10. L

Heated mirrors on at 10C?

I've just noticed that when I select CAR (Infotainment button)/Convenience Consumers, it shows "Heated mirrors" (horizontal histogram bar). Is this normal or a malfunction? Leopold GTI Mk7 MY16
  11. L

ALDI Auto XS car battery charger

I just bought one of these for £12.99 (Medion made in China). Can I use it while still connected to the car? I thought I would be able to use it with the battery still connected to the car, apparently not (very good user manual). I checked with their Helpline and they immediately said that...
  12. L

Wheel alignment - failed

Can someone tell me if I need to be worried about the attached wheel alignment report? I took the car (Mk 7 GTI PP DSG) to a local dealer last week for a complimentary Express Visual Check (I know they're just looking for work to be done :) ). They produced the attached report but said it was...
  13. L

CarStick connection to Infotainment system - configuring WLAN hotspot

I'm trying to use the Infotainment system to connect my iPhone SE to the internet via my CarStick. The Composition Media, Discover Media Infotainment system manual page 18 says "If the Infotainment system is connected via the CarStick, it can be used as a WLAN hotspot to connect up to 8 devices...
  14. L

Best way to remove Santiago wheel stuck on hub

One of my rear Santiagos is stuck to the hub, what's the best and safest way to remove it myself? I'm surprised, because I had the wheels rotated about 5 months ago and the contact points on the hub were cleaned up. Thanks, Leopold
  15. L

Private Message attachment

Can someone tel me please if it is possible to include an attachment image to a PM? Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place. Leopold
  16. L

DAB mode: Slide show

Can anyone in the UK tell me which DAB stations support slide shows? Page 28 of my Discover Media (Generation 2) Edition 11.2015 refers. Leopold
  17. L

Car-Net

When I login to the Car-Net app on my iPad the opening screen gives me : Update: 31/08/2017, 19:21 Golf 11,495 mi. Mileage 693 Day(s) / 11,700 mi Next inspection 328 Day(s) / 5,100 mi Next oil change service It's now Friday 13 October 2017, and my mileage is currently 12500 Does anyone know...
  18. L

Car-Net My Points of Interest - how to delete

Can someone tell me please how to delete one or more of My Points of Interest in Car-Net? Thanks, Leopold
  19. L

Discover Media Navigation: Yellow route

Am I right in thinking that the route is displayed in yellow only when Dynamic Route Guidance is not, selected? Leopold
  20. L

Adaptive Cruise Control v Cruise Control

Does anyone know if you can temporarily switch to normal Cruise Control mode when the car is fitted with Adaptive Cruise Control? Or is the car permanently in Adaptive Cruise Control mode? Leopold