GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

FS: Euro Short Shifter w/ solid bushings and BFI Dogbone Insert (all unused)

Euro Short Shifter for 6 speeds (MK7 GTI and R) with aluminum solid shifter bushings (can't remember the brand) never installed, ended up putting in a 6 Sigma instead. Would like $80 shipped. Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Dogbone Insert, never installed. Would like $30 shipped. Will sell...
  2. C

FS: Lightly used KW V1 coilovers +extras

Selling these KW V1 coilovers, I had them installed on my R for about 50 miles, but found the ride to be a little low for my tastes. They have 034 motorsports strut bearings and strut top mounts installed, which people recommend for stiffer than stock setups. Coils/shocks do have a couple...
  3. C

FS: KW V1 coilovers barely used

Selling these KW V1 coilovers, I had them installed on my R for about 50 miles, but found the ride to be a little low for my tastes. They have 034 motorsports strut bearings and strut top mounts installed, which people recommend for stiffer than stock setups. I did somehow lose the rear perches...
  4. C

Tornado Red Golf R build (6mt)

Hi everyone, in this thread I'll be showcasing the slow buildup of my Golf R. I came from a DSG MK7 GTI that I loved, the only fault being a lack of awd; traction was so bad in the rain/snow. It's a 16' 6mt base model in Tornado Red, purchased used with 13k miles. When I got it, the previous...
  5. C

Trouble removing shift arm to install short shifter?

I recently bought an OEM S3 shift arm to install along with some 42DD solid shift bushings. However I couldn't get the stock shift arm off- after 10 minutes of pulling it moved up a couple of mil, but refused to move any further. I gave up out of fear of damaging something in the transmission by...
  6. C

2016 Golf R slight jerkiness in first and second (manual)

I've had my manual R for a couple months now, I'm the second owner. I bought it with about 13k miles and I've put on an additional 2k since purchase. I've noticed recently that sometimes, mainly in first gear when I'm accelerating with a little gas and the clutch all the way out the car seems to...
  7. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

That looks great! what'd you use to black out the front?
  8. C

No cold air and "AC short to ground fault"?

I recently got the "AC short to ground fault" on my car and have absolutely no cold air when I turn the dial to cold. This happened once before and it was due to the connector to the AC compressor being loose from my JB4 install (grabbed the wrong plug), but I've thoroughly checked and it seems...
  9. C

FS: Helix pp7e subwoofer for Helix soundbox (keep your spare tire!!)

Hey everyone, I'm selling this Helix PP7e, which is plug and play with the Helix soundbox which is currently on sale at most places. This is an in trunk sub as opposed to the one that replaces the spare tire, so you can keep your spare! I'm selling mine as I'm planning on building a custom box...
  10. C

How're you liking the rear brace? Is it noticeable under cornering etc? Considering getting one for myself.
  11. C

Ah interesting, I'll give them a look. Did they require any custom wiring? and have you experienced any of the beam "jitter" some people have experienced when they drive over bumps?
  12. C

Just out of interest, are you using Eds reps? Or some other brand. And which (if any) brand of HIDs did you use?
  13. C

Noticed the silver button on my handbrake will no longer stay in the lever. Any easy fix for this? Or do I need to schedule a trip to the dealer.
  14. C

Manual handbrake silver button popping out?

I have a 2015 US spec GTI with a traditional lever style handbrake. Recently the silver button in the handbrake popped out, and I need to hold it in manually for the handbrake tolock at all. Once the handbrake is locked into the up position, the button will click into its proper position but as...
  15. C

Installed the Helix soundbox, and a different Helix subwoofer so I didn't have to lose my spare. Extremely happy with it, the whole system sounds a ton better.
  16. C

Just out of interest, how'd the insert break? I just got a V2 Type 1 insert from 034 and I want to know what to watch out for. thanks!
  17. C

Very clean looking! What kind of lip is that on the front?
  18. C

Thoughts on a thicker rear sway bar in the winter?

Basically I'm looking at getting a thicker rear sway bar for my MK7 GTI for the usual reasons, less understeer, better handling etc. I have a few hesitations though- a few months ago I managed to get a scary amount of oversteer doing some spirited driving on a road that was suddenly wet as I...
  19. C

Stitched on a Xuji suede wheel wrap. http://imgur.com/a/KozRZ loving it so far!