GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Oldschoolmk7

FS: Neuspeed PM and Rev9 catless dp

Neuspeed Power Module for mk7 Golf. Includes foam pieces to sandwich in between airbox and battery. Stealth with only 2 plugs for easy dealership removal. $230 shipped. Rev9/Emoto USA catless dp with 90 degeee 02 sensor extender. $65 (local SW Missouri pick up only). Sent from my iPhone...
  2. Oldschoolmk7

Been fun ride on MQB, but time to turn the page...

First off, thanks to the mk7 Golf community as a whole. Very active and helpful group overall. I have had a wonderful experience with my GTI. Driving it basically stock yesterday made me realize just how much simple mods transform the car. Zero problems nor dealer visits in 16 months of...
  3. Oldschoolmk7

Getting stock oem dp back in?

What is the trick or angle on the dangle? What a beotch. Lol.
  4. Oldschoolmk7

How much total $$$ have you spent on mods??

Ok Big Pimpin’s, Hitter’s, Whatever...? Lol. Got to see this. :).
  5. Oldschoolmk7

Ready for Lake!

Just pulled these turds out of storage. 2016 VX HO’s. Lake temp still a little chilly at 58 degrees. My 3mm wetsuits only good to about 68. Summer 18 lets get it on! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Oldschoolmk7

Discount Tire experience

I have ordered online 6-7 sets of tires from them in past (no local stores) and had indy put them on. They opened a store and I pulled in for my 3rd tire rotation @ 15k miles on my factory Bridgestone Potenza’s. They are showing 7.5/32. So they find a staple in one of the tires that I had...
  7. Oldschoolmk7

Those that upgraded their IC ?

How many of you removed the plastic panels (air diverters) on both sides of the lower air intake on the front fascia? The stock setup diverts the air into the condenser. Front mount installations require removing these (they pop out) to give more air coverage. Reason I ask is removing these...
  8. Oldschoolmk7

Green Fuse 40 ABS

Quick question? Plugged this back in today. Still getting dash lights? What up?
  9. Oldschoolmk7

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Do to the fact that the Rev9 and this one are actually different dimensions (by quite a bit) I'm starting this new thread. Will transfer over data off Rev9 thread. This is another option well priced below brand name IC. Stay tuned. *** Magic / Majesty IC install – MK7 GTI (parts guide) by...
  10. Oldschoolmk7

Who is stacking their IS20?

Tune plus piggyback on the IS20? Anybody? Numbers? See people doing it on IS38. Thanks.
  11. Oldschoolmk7

Why are these MK7's so fun to drive?

Seriously? For the money this car offers so much bang for the buck. Everyone list their top favorite aspect. I have a lot of 1st place ties myself, but the car is a perfect balance of sport/economy/performance/value/tuneability (made a word) and everyday livability. Go...
  12. Oldschoolmk7

Mk7 versus Rice X2

Test.
  13. Oldschoolmk7

210-220 hp / 258 tq GTI factory ratings

This cracks me up. Has anyone ever noticed the rpms for factory ratings? 210-220 @ 4500 rpms? Max hp on all the dyno's I've seen is 5000-5200 for stock car. 258 @ 1500 rpms? Again most dyno's show 2800-3200 being peak. So they actually are probably not that far off based off the rpm they...
  14. Oldschoolmk7

2 Door GTI

Snapped couple pics after wash. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Oldschoolmk7

Question for DSG GTI/R owners.

Do you all ever on the highway in sport/manual mode at say 50-60 mph (due to higher 4.77 dsg final gearing) ever toggle up to 6th gear and go WOT and just hold it in 6th gear? Is that a popular thing to do with the dsg? Or for argument sake at 40-50 mph manually hold it in 5th gear to go WOT...
  16. Oldschoolmk7

Fueling for straight e85...?

I know these cars have enough fueling for 400 plus whp. Has anyone on a tune or piggyback logged straight corn? Generally you need 30% more fueling. A 300-330 whp car should be good I would think. Thoughts?
  17. Oldschoolmk7

To Mod or not to Mod, that is the question...

I have been playing around with cars since the late 80's. Yeah, am old to most of you MK7 drivers. Looking back over the years I made some good and bad decisions in modding. It is real easy to go Balz deep into spending money on parts and tuning to try and find that panacea of perfection (all...
  18. Oldschoolmk7

Money Shift warning...

Those of us manual guys be aware on the 3rd to 4th. Another car (not mine) blown motor from money shift aka 3rd to 2nd. Warranty denied overspeed condition. 8188 rpms recorded. Careful. ;). Red 4 door PP in Springfield, MO. Who's is it??
  19. Oldschoolmk7

Nitrous Oxide wet kit 75, 100, 125

Wha wha what? Fo real? Stock ecu runs pretty relaxed timing. I think you could run 75-100 shot dialing in the nitrous fuel jets. I bet a hundo would add at least 150 wheel torque. Cobb pro tune should be able to dial in any shot. Thoughts? Concern would be plastic intake manifold...
  20. Oldschoolmk7

Performance rebuild on IS20

Anybody currently or willing to make this an option? I'd be happy with another 25-35 whp/tq and more reliable balanced turbo for $450-600 range. Half the cost of IS38. Is it doable? Probably have a lot of peeps interested at that $ point. Thoughts?