GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. vjmvjm

Bent Wheel - Looking for Opinions

I was recently using 12-year old Michelin winter tires year round, trying to wear them out. They still have 6/32nds (after 25,000 miles) and have had no problems, including long-distance summer interstate trips in Arizona and New Mexico.
  2. vjmvjm

How much would you list your GTI for?

Include CarMax in your online estimates. I just sold my truck, and they were significantly higher than two other sites (AutoNation and a dealer using KBB). YMMV. OAC.
  3. vjmvjm

Dead Teslas

https://insideevs.com/news/705338/norway-winter-ev-charging-no-trouble/#:~:text=Lars%20Godbolt%2C%20who's%20an%20adviser,the%20winter%20at%20charging%20stations.
  4. vjmvjm

Do the cloth seats feel different than the leather ones?

Yes, they will feel different. I don't know if they feel any different structurally, since I don't know what that means.
  5. vjmvjm

No door puddle lights?

Oh, the humanity! No puddle lights! https://www.efootage.com/videos/44048/oh-humanity-hindenburg-explosion
  6. vjmvjm

Is the GTI considered Rare?

Every GTI is extremely rare, as it is one of a kind. No other GTI has the same VIN. Feel better now?
  7. vjmvjm

Government Regs Starting 2025

Sorry, my apologies. I forgot that you live in a godforsaken third world country. :cool:
  8. vjmvjm

Uhh, there's no reason to "ignore the display". You can save money by using electricity during off-peak times. Or, you can be a curmudgeon and pay more than you need to. And then complain about how the price of electricity keeps going up.
  9. vjmvjm

"The sky is falling." None of this applies if you just wear your tin foil hat.
  10. vjmvjm

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

How is that gas "better"?
  11. vjmvjm

THE Formula One Thread

John Deere announces 2024 F1 sponsorship.
  12. vjmvjm

Subsidiary of VAG

Uh, it's not a 100 percent increase. If it starts at 0 percent and increases 100 percent, it's still 0 percent. I think your slide rule needs to be recalibrated. Or did you use an abacus? :cool:
  13. vjmvjm

THE Formula One Thread

They need to put a stake in it.
  14. vjmvjm

Tesla Manipulating Range?

Be careful that you don't fall off the edge of the flat earth.
  15. vjmvjm

You have a better way to deal with greenhouse gases and climate change? Or should we just look forward to cheap gas and death?
  16. vjmvjm

Same battery, but lower price with less range. https://www.autoweek.com/news/a44818034/tesla-model-s-x-standard-range-pricing/
  17. vjmvjm

THE Formula One Thread

The parking is high because they are really trying to get people to take shuttles from other locations. They frankly did not build adequate parking on site for everyone, which was a wise move fiscally and environmentally. You can get free parking and a $29 per day shuttle from the Travis...
  18. vjmvjm

The advertised range is based on the EPA test procedures, not something the manufacturer dreamed up. It's not at all "perfect conditions", the "official" European (WLTP) and Chinese (CLTC) estimates are much higher. "As a rule of thumb, though, consider the EPA figure to be the most...
  19. vjmvjm

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Is that the Rubbermaid or Tupperware edition? ;)