GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Which of these clutch kits is best for me?

I recommend the Sachs Performance clutch or the RSR clutch from HSTuning. Both are DMFW setups that are closest to the feel of your stock clutch. Approximately 15% more pedal effort and no noises/chatter like a SMFW clutch. If you don’t go beyond stage 1 these are the way to go.
  2. J

Just paid a buck a gallon more for 93. Anybody else thinking about going back to Map 0?

Get my gas from Costco as well. It is usually 30 cents cheaper per gallon as other gas stations. Plus 4% cash back if you have their credit card.
  3. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

As PowerDemon mentioned, a defective PCV valve could be the reason your RMS is leaking. I had similar issues: leaking RMS, rough idle (misfires) and oil around the oil filler cap. A new PCV valve fixed the misfires and the car runs great now. Well worth the money.
  4. J

Is there a foam cannon for a hose that actually works?

I think you’ll be happy with an IK Foam Sprayer. Don’t waste money on anything that attaches to your regular hose, the pressure won’t be enough for thick foam.
  5. J

Air freshener

CarPro SkysBlu.
  6. J

WTB: OEM clutch MK7.5 GTI

There are certain parts I would never buy used, such as brakes or a clutch. If you don‘t want to spend the money on a genuine VW clutch, why not buy the OEM equivalent from Sachs for example? FCP Euro has one for around $440 with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
  7. J

Oil or Grease Spots on Wheel

Most likely that rock you hit tore up your CV boot which would explain the axle grease all over your wheel. Get it fixed as soon as possible. You don’t want any dirt in the CV joint.
  8. J

Wheel markings

Those look like Austins painted in black: Size x width 18x7.5 Bolt pattern 5x112 Offset ET49 Center bore 57.1
  9. J

What type of battery do I have?

Is there anyone who knows what type of battery this is? I'm asking because I just bought a CTEK MXS 5.0 charger and need to find out whether to charge my battery in regular mode or AGM mode. I assume my battery is not an AGM battery? Thanks in advance for the help!
  10. J

FS: Integrated Engineering Carbon Fiber CAI + Inlet Pipe

SOLD: Integrated Engineering Carbon Fiber CAI + Inlet Pipe For sale is an Integrated Engineering Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake with matching Inlet Pipe. Was only installed for 4 months because I decided to go with a different setup. Everything is in great condition. There is a tiny scuff on...
  11. J

FS: Rupes LHR15 Mark II

For sale is my Rupes LHR15 Mark II polisher that was never used. $350 shipped. Will post pictures when I get the chance.