GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Shifter bracket torque down spec

Installing solid shifter bushing on the OEM plastic bracket this weekend. When remounting the bracket along with the solid bushings, am I supposed to torque the three bolts down to a specific value? Shopdap has a good tutorial of this installation on YouTube but they don't discuss any...
  2. A

Shifter service mode?

About to upgrade to the OEM short shifter soon. I read somewhere that, while not necessary, it may be a good idea to out the car into "shifter service mode" so that the shifter is less likely to go out of alignment. Tried researching but can't find any information on how to get into this mode...
  3. A

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Now that we've got the FL tails retrofit figured out (minus some fault code :rolleyes:), what's the consensus with regards to the MK 7.5 digital cockpit? I've read about about a shop in the UK that has performed several of these retrofits but I can't find any information about the retrofit as a...
  4. A

Windshield chip

Got a stone chip this morning (could see it bounced off the windshield as I was driving). It is very small and I cannot capture it in a photo. It is more of a tiny dimple and there are no hairline cracks extending out of the dimple. Should I use one of those resin repair kits or could i just...