GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Taim

What did you do to your mk7 today?

What I can tell so far...above ~3800 rpm the engine is noticeably smoother and seems to make more tq and hp. Again...butt dyno...all caveats apply.
  2. Taim

Hey Jim. According to the butt dyno...so your mileage may vary...but yeah...torque seemed to be down noticeably below 3000 rpm.
  3. Taim

Flashed IE Stage 1 high torque. It seems like the torque lost to the Fluidampr (which I installed 10 days ago) at <3000 rpm gets made up for by the high torque file. In the end, it's a wash which is fine for my stock clutch.🤦🏻‍♂️
  4. Taim

Stage 3 (IS38) Integrated Engineering and found a way to pass Texas emissions?

Thanks so much. That helps make the decision. If I can drive my GTI very gently with an IS38 on the stock tune with a high flow catted downpipe with spacer, to pass readiness. That gets me there.??
  5. Taim

Hey GIACUser, Thanks for your insight. Yes, Texas requires a readiness check requirement on an OBDII scan. IE Stage 1 does not pass because certain modules are not in readiness. So, I had to flash back to stock from Stage 1. At Stage 3 (Downpipe and IS38), I assume IE will not meet readiness...
  6. Taim

Hey Bentin. Will do. Take care and see you out there. Taim.
  7. Taim

Thanks Bentin. I'll give them a try. I'm certain folks have gotten passed this issue. Just want to know what I'm signing up for. Thanks again.
  8. Taim

Did I ask an old question or do people not use this forum? I know Dallas county requires "ready only" to pass and IE software will not get you there. That's a flash back to stock. So...maybe...can you run a stock tune with an IS38 and dp and get a "ready" signal? Again, yanking a turbo to pass...
  9. Taim

Hey folks, I am running IE stage 1 and I realized you can't pass Texas emissions unless you flash back to stock. I am considering an IS38+ and IE stage 3. And that got me thinking...I am wondering if anyone here has gone IE stage 3 (IS38) on their mk7 GTI and has found a way to pass emissions...
  10. Taim

East Dallas Mk7s

Hey folks. Is there a community/meetup of MK7/7.5 folks in the East Dallas/Garland area. I'd like to get a feel for the community and maybe get some insights on modifying our cars. Also...I admit I didn't see any recent threads on this topic. If one exist, I apologize for any duplication...