GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. marc5800

Open source tuners

I know that open source is more of a DIY solutions in terms of tuning. While I understand the basics and consider myself ''knowledgeable''. I don't feel 100% comfortable tuning the car myself w/ open source. Any open source tuners out there?
  2. marc5800

Map Switching / Flex Fuel

Let me know! I’ll paypal you
  3. marc5800

Map Switching / Flex Fuel

I also PMed you. Looking everywhere for a0s...
  4. marc5800

Eurodyne Updates

Figured I'd ask here. Trying to learn and figure out the cam timing tables. Any benefit from playing around with these on stock turbo? I understand that typically the goal is to help spool bigger turbos...
  5. marc5800

OEM stock turbo - exhaust cutout

Exactly Daily driving with it open is obnoxious and unbearable tho?
  6. marc5800

Looks like it gained 12whp on MK7 GTI Uni stg2 open https://youtube.com/shorts/vxn7pB2hPQg?feature=share closed https://youtube.com/shorts/dGlHJzRtAk0?feature=share
  7. marc5800

Has anyone done an exhaust cutout to see if there are any measurable gains that could be had? In order words, if by passing the OEM catback provided better spool and power gains with an aftermarket DP? I've heard of a few IS20/IS38 guys doing exhaust cutouts and they mentioned gaining some...
  8. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

For sure. Our gas is good. But this also clearly shows that when both cars are using the same gas, not much of a difference between the EQT tune vs a custom ED tune (other than power up top) Keep in mind that the EQT tune is for 93oct. The only thing the 94 is doing at this point is preventing...
  9. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

True. It is better than US 93 and it usually contains anywhere from E09-E11. (with a price to pay these days tho :oops:) Still, you should see one of the OTS ED logs. It’s very basic… It’s a starting file to improve upon.
  10. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

Yes you would. The OTS ED files are pretty bad. Similar to the Cobb OTS files (maybe not as bad) but they lack refinement. Think of the ED OTS tune as a base file before you start doing revisions with an actual tuner. I disagree. Even on pump gas there are some decent gains to be had from a...
  11. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

Pretty much neck and neck. Wouldn’t say I clearly won tho. Buddy of mine Joe. Also got help from various plp (such as Moose, Diggs, Railroader, etc.) I did some fine tweaking after I understood the basics. DSG (EQT TCU tuned)
  12. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

Roll. From a dig the GTI would of lost pretty badly
  13. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

Ya mine is ED stg2 custom tune. Boost between both tunes is quite similar, I have a bit more timing advance and run mine a bit leaner. EQT OTS tunes are pretty rich.
  14. marc5800

EQT Stg2 vs ED Stg2

Ran a buddies GTI stg2 EQT on pump (most recent 93oct file v2.52). Pretty close race which surprised me since the GTI is lighter than the A3. We both did a log separately on the same road (so the conditions were the same). Here are Vdyno numbers just for fun (obviously take these with a grain...
  15. marc5800

IS20 maxed out?

Not saying it's not possible. Clearly your dyno sheet shows it! Unfortunately those numbers don't mean much without a baseline. Also, IS20 cars usually have peak TQ around 3500-3700rpm and then it starts dropping off. How did you determine that the charge pipes / catback exhaust made a 20whp gain?
  16. marc5800

IS20 maxed out?

Ya I'm not sure you gained 20whp from upgraded charge pipes and catback exhaust on IS20. Especially on a Unitronic ''canned'' tune where nothing can be altered. Also, 333whp / 379wtq on pump gas from the Uni stg2 tune?!
  17. marc5800

IS20 maxed out?

Ya I sold the littco is38x. Needed the money at the time. Nope! It’s all yours! Ya this makes no sense. Bunch of is20 fbo on e85 making 340-350whp / 400-420wtq which are daily driven. If anything, the e85 cools cylinder pressure and far superior for longevity than pump gas. Boost stays the...
  18. marc5800

IS20 maxed out?

Ya I thought about this. It would most likely help when dailying 94oct pump gas since I could push more boost / timing without it knocking. From the people that I talked to, apparently most kits out there aren't very reliable (AEM V3, Snow Meth, etc...) Ya weight reduction would help. Need the...
  19. marc5800

IS20 maxed out?

* not looking to upgrade the turbo right now * Wondering what else could be done to potentially gain a bit more power. I'm fully aware the IS20 is a tiny turbo. I'm currently FBO (intake, inlet, IC, catless DP, HPFP, ECU & TCU tuned). I daily drive on 94oct and use full E85 for track days /...
  20. marc5800

Simos Tools - New Phone Datalogging App

When you say you can flash the car by using this, does it mean I could flash a Maestro file without using the ED flashing interface?