GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Vacuum Cup Bike Mount opinion

I saw these and think they are worth a try. https://e8a1536b.kckb.st I realize another company seesucker already makes a very similar mount and they have generally good reviews. I am choosing this one as it costs less. Just wondering if anyone here has used these type of bike mounts and your...
  2. B

Another brake pad question

So...my MK7 has 15,800 mi on odo. I drive approx 5300 miles a year of stop-n-go NY city driving. Recently got new tires and was told my brake pads are getting low. Took my car to another shop for a second opinion and was told same. Replace all brake pads. Also was shown that front rotors are...
  3. B

Brake pad and maintenance advice?

A little hIstory of my car. I bought it new 3 years ago. City commuter mainly. Stage 1 APR. 15,000 miles. I took my 2016 Mk7 for an oil change. Dealer found it needed an alignment and one of my tires (probably the used tire I bought when I blew out a oem sidewall on a pothole). Went to a Pep...
  4. B

Not Super Ultra Extra High Perf Tire Thread

Well..first time I am ever in the market to buy a full set of new tires. In the past, I just replaced a busted one with a whatever used one I could find. So here is my question. I keep seeing thread after thread saying Michel AS3 or Conti DWS06 al over the place. Those tires are 'ULTRA high...
  5. B

KimBlade Windshield Wipers

Gonna start this with the phrase “ I dont normally write reviews or share products but...” Got these blades on Kickstarter for my Mk7. See pics below. Easy 5 minute install. The instruction book actually make it seem complicated. But it really isn’t once you figure out that the adapter for...
  6. B

APR STG 1 ECU and TCU....Launch control?

I searched and could not find the answer to this. About a month ago I got APR stage 1 ECU and TCU. Also added a CTS air intake. Launch control, when factory, was to go to sport mode, turn off traction control, hold brake and build RPM to 3000 and let foot off brake. Well...now RPM doesn't...
  7. B

WTB: Cold Air Intake MK7

New York City area. AWE, APR or Unitronic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

VW vs The World

Found this on one of my social media accounts. Lol.
  9. B

What is my MK7 doing?

I have a 2016 GTI DSG DCC fully loaded. I have about 1200 miles on the odometer now. I decided it's time to push it. I'm on a highway doing about 65mph. I'm in sport mode and in 6th gear. I wait until I have a nice open stretch with no cars around me. I put my foot down on the accelerator all...
  10. B

Union VW problem with plates

I purchased a new 2016 GTI from Union VW in New Jersey 3 1/2 weeks ago. Temporary plates expired 5 days ago. I've been calling them for the last 2 weeks about my plates because I haven't received them yet. I keep getting "Our DMV person will be in tomorrow. Things are a little slow at motor...
  11. B

NYC Ding Shield Protection

Sup Northeast! Just got my second GTI today. First one was a 2011 MK6 autobahn. Passed it on to a family member. It was a close call today. Was hopping back and forth between WRX and GTI. Settled on a 2016 GTI autobahn. Need some info (I searched) on Ding Shield Service Plan. My dealer sells is...
  12. B

Advise on purchase of used MK7

I found a 2016 MK7 with 862miles on the odometer. Manual Autobahn/Perf/Lighting. Clean history. No accidents. Looks minty. Managed to bring the price down to $28,900usd. The car isn't listed as "Certified Preowned". Upon questioning dealer, I was informed that because there is so much...