GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

EQT Stage 2?

I went EQT for a stage 2 tune...but i went with a custom tune vs off the shelf. I have had no problems with it. I am now going with a turbo upgrade and sticking with EQT as thier service has been solid and their product is reliable
  2. S

Manual vs. DSG

If VW had designed a solid kit of clutch tranny with no crank-walk problems....the choice would be much harder....but this car seems to have been designed with the DSG in mind....the manual tranny is an afterthought and a weak link that must be addressed when making any power improvement to the car
  3. S

Changing back to the Golf R's from the Type R

0 60...1/4 mile...R does better....plus it doesn't look like a voltron extra
  4. S

EQT Vortex vs XL

Sounds like what I am looking for. Ordrred up a Standard Housing Vortex along with tuning from EQT. Initially just going with a hpfp and 93 pump. I'm hoping the improvement will be pronounced coming from a stage 2 eqt tune
  5. S

EQT Vortex vs XL

As far as advertising goes, the Standard Vortex housing turbo spools quicker on pump gas than a stock IS38...is that not accurate?
  6. S

For sale Cobb Access Port dsg (MK7R)enabled all cables included

I'm not sure , all i know for sure is that it is DSG activated and works for the mk7. . It cost $1150 new. I think Cobb could answer your question for sure
  7. S

For sale Cobb Access Port dsg (MK7R)enabled all cables included

For sale Cobb Access Port dsg enabled all cables included $650 obo was mated to 17 MK7 R. Has stage 2 93 and dsg file if interested email me at signkutter@gmail.com
  8. S

WTS IS38 and R intercooler

Turbo and intercooler are off a 2017 R conservatively driven for 11k miles. Intercooler $200 IS38 Turbo $750 Located in San Antonio area can ship at buys cost
  9. S

WTS IS38

I will be selling an IS38 out of a 2017 R with about 11k miles on the odometer. Car has not been launched by me or abused in the 3 k miles i have driven it. The previous owner (a 72 year old retiree) rarely drove it, put 8k miles on the car in 2 years. I am upgrading the turbo and will be...
  10. S

HPA Is38 hybrid

Anybody have any feedback on the HPA is38 hybrid Turbo...price drop from $3600 to $2560. Comes ready to drop in ...bolts up directly
  11. S

UHP ALL Season tires

I have only found threads regarding UHP summer tires....I dont want a tire that lasts 25k miles ...I need a tire that lasts 40k miles. Anybody have any anecdotal experience with a good quality UHP all season? I was thinking about some Nitto Neo Gen All Season Ultra High Performance Tire...
  12. S

Why is it so hard to find Unitronic stage 2 owner info

Is my googlef-fu weak or is Unitronic stage 2 1/4 mile times and 0 to 60 info hard to come by?
  13. S

Cost for cleaning intake valves?

So anybody have any experience on this subject?
  14. S

AWE catted down pipe with JB-1 opinions?

I just got offered a new AWE catted DP for $985, and have a JB-1 installed now. Looking for input from anybody with this or similar set up. Is the hp jump worth the cost for the DP? Pro's or cons appreciated... also would like to know if the DP is noticeably louder with the...
  15. S

M.U discount for Nuespeed catted DP for MK7

M.U discount for Nuespeed catted DP for MK7.... so what is M.U and where can i get the discount code?
  16. S

WTS JB-1 w/Data cable $375

WTS JB-1 w/Data cable $350 JB-1 has been on the car for 3 months. Still on original factory default map. New data cable included in sale $350 insured/shipped. Can do FTF sale in the San Antonio/Austin Area. Works as advertised (great) but opting to go ecu stage 2 tune
  17. S

Have a JB-1, thinking Nuespeed downpipe.

Soo like the title says...have a JB-1 in a 2016 PP DSG GTI. I went with the JB-1 over a flash tune in order to keep my warranty intact. My question to those with this set up ( Stock=JB-1+ downpipe)... is the performance gain worth the cost? How difficult is it to switch the downpipes out...
  18. S

Ordered a JB-1 did i get a JB-4?

For those who have ordered a JB-1for your MK7 GTI from BMS... did you get a JB4 decal and a JB4 metal tag with a welcome letter congratulating you for purchasing a product for your BMW?