GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Misfiring above 5k rpm...

2016 Mk7 GTI DSG 64k miles. Recently I decided to tune my car so went and got a Cobb AP, putting their OTS stage 1 tune on and all. Problem starts immediately with WOT, as soon as rpm reaches above 5k the car would sound like a Subaru, throws EPC light and runs like crap until you turn it off...
  2. D

40k mile DSG flush

So I paid nearly $400 today for the dealer to service my dsg.. long story short I checked the dash cam and it took only 1 hour since car was in and off the bay.. I know you gotta be fast to beat the flat rate but should it be this fast? I’m worried.
  3. D

Floored my engine while it is still relatively cold

Hey guys, Got tempted today and floored my 16 Mk7 GTI while the oil temp is only about 140F, could any damage be done? Or am i just paranoid?
  4. D

GTI first oil change

Hello guys, what was your mileage when your first oil change? Just curious. Cause mine is already 3.5k and I don't know if I should change it at 5k or wait until 10k like the the dealer said... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. D

Question about VCDS

Hi Guys, I currently own a 2016 Mk7 GTI (US). I saw a lot of cool tweaks for it using VCDS software. But I got so confused as there're lots of models on the website (some of them are like $800+). So my question is what must I buy? Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. D

Forgot to put down parking brake...

Hi guys, so today I let my cousin drive my mk7 GTI (DSG). Long story short, the silly guy forgot to release the handbrake, good news is he only drove around the block like 2 minutes and under 15mph, as soon as he's back I heard some cranking sound with my car and I knew he mess up. Would this...
  7. D

Question about shifting in normal mode

Hi guys I just got my mk7 dsg and only put 500 miles on it. As who are living in Arizona must have awared that it's kinda hot lately. I don't know if that would be the reason for the problem I'm about to mention. But lately, I have started to notice that even in normal mode (D), the car would...