GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GolfRRRR1

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

I got them from Freaky parts. Freaky Parts Brembos
  2. GolfRRRR1

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99, those are the Renault Megane RS MK4 Brembo's. I bought those for my R with 340mm rotors, they fit under my 17x8.5 Apex wheels (winter set), I'm going to mount them when I get home from working in NYC, probably next week.
  3. GolfRRRR1

Brake Pads and SAE J866

I bought a set of brake rotors and pads from IDParts (their pads) for my wife's Passat TDI and she made me take them off (not enough bite) and buy the TRW stock pads. I'm trying to work with my wife about how she drives but it's futile, she's either full throttle or full brake.....I guess...
  4. GolfRRRR1

Ceramic vs Low-Met Brembo pads

Although this link below is for PP brakes, it's still a good basic guide to help you pick some nice street brake pads. (ignore the off-topic race pad discussion) Brake Pads Personally I would go with: TRW-TXC1760 (TRW Ultra ceramic, $57 at FCP Euro and excellent pads), or TRW-TXH1760 (lo...
  5. GolfRRRR1

Stratified R Tuning Info and Help Thread

What hardware and software do I need to run E85 flex fuel in my MK7 R?
  6. GolfRRRR1

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Great question on pad choice. My kit came with OEM Brembo pads, which I will probably drop in first...we will see. TRW does make a Pro and Ultra pad for our Brembo calipers, was thinking of grabbing those. I'm not a fan of using one brake pad to do everything, kinda like tires and living in...
  7. GolfRRRR1

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Struggling to get a mounting bracket for my TTRS calipers, I ended up buying a kit off Freaky Parts. It includes, new set of Brembo calipers (Renault Megane RS MK4 same pads as TTRS), custom bracket (for 340mm rotors), pads (various), lines and all necessary mounting hardware. Did a test fit...
  8. GolfRRRR1

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Sad news about the VBT adapter, they won't sell to the US, and Awesome GTI won't sell the adapter to the US anymore either. I emailed them both. What's a man to do? Anyone have another source for an adapter > TTRS 8J calipers to 340/345mm MK7 Golf R? I only see a questionable one from...
  9. GolfRRRR1

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

I just joined the TTRS caliper club! I just bought the calipers only which need to get powder coated and rebuilt. I may do 1 or 2 lapping events next year, so think I'll stick with 340/345mm rotors. My current wheels are Neuspeed 18x8.5 RSe10's, but my winter wheels are Apex 17x8.5, so...
  10. GolfRRRR1

Brake Pads and SAE J866

Just read the 1st post on this thread, your answers are there. Unfortunately the thread went off course pretty quickly when others brought in the discussion of race pads/tires and temps you should never see on the street. All things being equal, the 1st post should be a good general guide for...
  11. GolfRRRR1

Retrofitting MK7.5 Golf KESSY to MK7 Golf

This may not help but Humble Mechanic added Kessy to his back doors on his Golf R...still may gain a couple pointers from the video. Good Luck.
  12. GolfRRRR1

Brake Pads and SAE J866

Different huh? You must have a set that is 'updated', new batch, older or something, it's still a win. Hope you enjoy the pads. Leave your feedback in this thread!
  13. GolfRRRR1

Brake Pads and SAE J866

You either didn't read the article or understand SAE standardized testing and DOT compliant regulations. The higher a brake pads coefficient of friction, the greater the stopping power (all things being equal) Full stop.
  14. GolfRRRR1

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

Herding the cats back into the subject, I run the Ruthenium NGK plugs on my Golf R EQT stage 2 and E30 tuned. Just pulled them again because of all the crazy spark plug talk, still look beautiful
  15. GolfRRRR1

Stock 2017 SE brake replacement

Check out this thread... Golf R or PP brake pads
  16. GolfRRRR1

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

What if your garage has a slight slope for drainage...how would you get these level for a dsg service? If you shim one end wouldn't they bend?