GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

WTB: Mk7.5 Golf R License Plate Bracket

Looking for a Mk7.5 Golf R License Plate Bracket. Thanks
  2. S

DIY MIB2 Infotainment Conversion into 2018 "S" Models

I can't recall the exact pinouts. You need all the parts listed in the DIY.
  3. S

Yes you do, because that "kit" is missing a portion of the harness that needs to be extended.
  4. S

Residue near the coolant reservoir/tank

You probably never smell coolant under your hood either.
  5. S

Those are probably "leftovers" from before you had the CP removal service performed. If you were currently in CP, your volume would not work and there would be a "Component Protection" message on the screen. Who knows though.....keep us posted. FWIW: I have Helix in mine, although I did the...
  6. S

First off, congrats on the install. I'm glad my DIY helped to motivate you. Is it possible that the yellow connector in the back of the MIB2 unit came unplugged?
  7. S

MK7.5 GTI S or Rabbit INFOTAINMENT RETROFIT DIY and Walkthrough

Very good write up and way better pictures than I have in my DIY.
  8. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Does this require any component protection removal or anything like that?
  9. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Maybe I'm biased, but there's always this option. Although much more work, but SiriusXM, Android Auto, Performance Monitor, and Factory NAV if you get the appropriate unit... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/diy-mib2-infotainment-conversion-into-2018-s-models.359659/
  10. S

Not much for the hardware and wiring. I got the screen and MIB2 unit from salvage vehicles. The most expensive part in all of this was Jack's service fees.
  11. S

You are welcome. Thank you for having the bravery to attempt it. There's only a VERY select few of us out there.
  12. S

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

For the 4 millionth time.....when they "pressure test the system" MAKE them also pressure test the cap!!!
  13. S

The o-ring comes with the cap already installed. It would probably be wise to verify that the cap is failing with the pressure test specified in the Factory Repair Manual excerpt I posted, so you aren't just throwing parts at it blindly.
  14. S

I don't know for sure, but I think the seal isn't the issue. There's a pressure rated valve in the cap. That is what coolant escapes thru. This valve bypasses the seal. Again....speculation.
  15. S

The seal on the cap releases pressure and diverts the relieved coolant (or just vapors) out of the bottle itself (behind the bottle), where you can't see. For lack of a better term, there's a "gutter" in there. In severe cases, it drips down onto the frame rail and that is what creates the...
  16. S

Odd, you say? My first car to exhibit this behavior was bought back by VW. My current car exhibiting this behavior just started doing it before I parked it for the winter. I avoid the dealership at all costs. I'm not going in there because my $20 coolant bottle cap is leaking to get it fixed...
  17. S

Issues with coolant expansion tank?

The cap controls the pressure that coolant is released at. It is malfunctioning and releasing pressure at way too low of a pressure, intermittently My first Mk7 that did this got bought back by VW before I addressed it. The current Mk7.5 just started doing it and I haven't replaced the cap yet.
  18. S

That line of "dirt buildup" was not there when I bought my vehicle, nor did it have the sweet aroma of coolant under the hood. It now has 6,500 miles on it.
  19. S

I haven't replaced the cap yet, so for me to say it was resolved would be dishonest. I don't do dealerships, and I haven't gotten to replacing the cap myself yet, but I know it's the issue. My last Mk7, in the middle of the summer, you would actually see drips of coolant in that path. My...