GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. reverend_sean

Easier heel toe for my arthritic ankle

Nice looking pedal set up! I agree that this mod makes a world of difference vs just the pedal spacer. Combined, I bet it would be perfect for street driving. Congrats!
  2. reverend_sean

The Secret Santa 2023 Thread!

@krs Guess what I found and opened today! Hell yes!!! I hunt for GTI artwork regularly and never find just what I want to get. This print is perfect. The fact that it's a) a 2-door, and b) a sweet metal print, just makes it that much better. Thanks so much! I was cleaning up our house...
  3. reverend_sean

Brake Bleeding Adaptor

Since I posted that in 2019, I have had multiple instances with Speed Bleeders not seating correctly and leaking fluid. Removed them and just use OE bleeders now.
  4. reverend_sean

VIR Season Finale HPDE - December 9th and 10th

HA! "It’s such a fine line between stupid and, uh... clever.” - David St. Hubbins
  5. reverend_sean

VIR Season Finale HPDE - December 9th and 10th

So what's the typical temp and weather expected for that area at this time of year? @Redslaya I sent an email to the track (track@thscc.com) last week via email and asked a few questions but no one got back to me yet. I am still trying to make this event happen, and I am trying to get a...
  6. reverend_sean

ST40 Brake Pad Reference Guide

EDITED MY ORIGINAL POST TO ADD IN "AERO ROTOR, (NOT Wide Annulus AeroRotor)" The EBAY links below are what I bought. Looks like the price went up, but ~$550 for 2 new rings is still pretty good. If you reference these part numbers on the Zeckhausen website they come up as this...
  7. reverend_sean

ST40 Brake Pad Reference Guide

I did a bunch of research because I couldn't conceive of paying full price for the coated 355x32 ST rotors. What I found out...what everyone here probably already knows...is that all of ST's 355x32 AeroRotor (normal one...NOT Wide Annulus AeroRotor) replacement rings are the same, they just...
  8. reverend_sean

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

Yeah, that's a huge difference in the cooling efficiency of your IC, Jake! Not going to insert an ECS joke here...that's overplayed ;)
  9. reverend_sean

New MK7/MQB resource: www.datadrivenmqb.com

I have this event penciled in right now too. Never driven VIR and have been dying to get down there.
  10. reverend_sean

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Definitely good advice! I have read Speed Secrets a few times and am on his mailing list, but I have never engaged him directly or joined a webinar. I definitely need to be more active with my learning.
  11. reverend_sean

Boosting on a Budget- 19birel's MK7.5 Build

Love to see the chunks of rubber still on your car from last Friday! Haven't washed mine off yet either :giggle:. I'd love to find a time to go for a ride, or swap cars for a drive, to see how the SAs compare to my Sports.
  12. reverend_sean

2017 GTi PP at VIR

This is my most recent realization from my last track day. I'm not IS38, but EQT stg 2 IS20, but still think that 320 or so HP is masking my inability to carry speed through a corner. I need to learn to corner better. My buddy driving a stock Focus RS with the exact same size/brand tire is...
  13. reverend_sean

I'll be there this Friday with @19birel and plan to log too. ECS FMIC, EQT Stg 2, stock cooling system. Pitt Race has 3 pretty long straights and it's supposed to be 80 degrees. Going tobe a fun day!
  14. reverend_sean

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

This is a great info share. I have been swapping between PVC (winter months) and RL catch can (track months). I have not noticed the threads weakening, but I have only done the swap 2 times. @DerHase if you wanted a RL catch can system to play with, my last track weekend is 9/16-17 and I...
  15. reverend_sean

2016 Golf R - 24k miles, MT, Adult owned, Well Sorted, OEM+, $26K OBO, NY Area

Dang. I had a Tornado red '15 GTI and I refused to get black wheels because I thought it was going to be too flashy and/or stand out too much. This R looks so good that I immediately regret that past decision. GLWS
  16. reverend_sean

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Support group filled with enablers and hype-men. I love it.
  17. reverend_sean

My knee pops with clutch pedals. Anyone else?

My buddy teaches a type of functional range conditioning called CARs (this video isn't him, just a random knee CARs video I found). It has def helped me with some sticky/clicky movements for joints I don't use as much as I should. Maybe give it a try and if you like it just research it...
  18. reverend_sean

Nice! You are going to love how it changes the handling.
  19. reverend_sean

Freshly installed ST X Coilovers 😁

Getting it aligned soon, right? Don't sleep on that! When the toe is out of whack it destroys tires quickly (lowering adds positive front and negative rear). I destroyed a brand new set of tires in 2 weeks once as I didn't find time to get it aligned.