GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. thegrandbull

vents blowing air when off

so I do have recirc on.. I thought maybe this was what was causing it. makes sense because its "circulating" air when the vents are turned off.. i dont know .. what do you mean by, "with the climate controls off"? I have it set to auto usually. thanks
  2. thegrandbull

vents blowing air when off

Hello, my Mk7R continues to blow hot or cold air (whichever was last used or just hot air when the engine is hot) even though the climate control is turned off. Is this a mechanical flap issue or is it somewhere in the settings? I recently changed the recirculation setting to prevent mold...
  3. thegrandbull

4. thegrandbull

are the front left and right CV axles different on Golf R MK7?

I have an aftermarket passenger front CV axle for my golf R left over from another endeavor. Now the driver's side is going.. they aren't interchangeable are they? left is a different length than the right, im guessing. thanks !
  5. thegrandbull

haldex filter service

oh shit.. im sorry! i meant to ask about the transmission fluid filter i have no idea why i wrote haldex.. must have been thinking about two things at once. my bad...
  6. thegrandbull

haldex filter service

soo this was a haldex servoce video. i was asking about the transmission fluid filter
  7. thegrandbull

haldex filter service

can i change it without dumping the gear oil? because i only change that every 50k or so
  8. thegrandbull

haldex filter service

can i do it without dumping the transmission oil ?
  9. thegrandbull

haldex filter service

i occasionally track the car.. very rarely but it happens. and i drive very spirited on the road. i do a lot of shifting in general and A LOT of downshifting to engine brake. i just flushed and filled with motul gear 300 about 10 months ago. this was the first transmission service ever at...
  10. thegrandbull

haldex filter service

hey yall, can anyone help me decide when the best service interval is to clean or replace the haldex filter in my mk7 golf R? thanks!
  11. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

thanks bud.. haha. people assume everyone has time for the things "they" enjoy/have time for in life. im a full time medical student and this is my ONLY hobby/interest besides school. i do as much as i can with my car which is 150% more than any other med student I know. i wish my life was more...
  12. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

yeah my bad. it was the video for the mk6gti. i assumed they were the same, or nearly the same, in the mk7
  13. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

2016 mk7 golf R base model manual transmission
  14. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

i watched a video from ShopDap on youtube and it looked pretty straightforward.. but also it looked like it could be risky if i made a mistake they said it could require dropping the entire gas tank.. seemed sort of risky for someone who doesnt have a ton of experience
  15. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

i dont think that is the case here. i believe filter is along the fuel lines under the car and can be changed independently of the pump
  16. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

where would i find that information?
  17. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

id love to, but i dont have a lift and its tough to get under there to do it on jacks. i do most everything myself on this car that i can
  18. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

fuel filter*
  19. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

yup, its underneath and looks tricky to do without a lift
  20. thegrandbull

fuel filter change

hello, im seeing a lot of mixed opinions on the web and between dealerships. my old dealer never suggested i change the fuel filter, the new one wants it done every 30k. anyone have any preference? thanks