GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ace92028

Low Fuel Indicator - Am I Missing Something?

So I just went on a long trip with lots of highway driving. After the trip gauge read 0, I went an additional 45 miles (car was saying I was averaging 44mpg coming down from the mountains)filling up at the gas station it clicked off at 13.896. How is that possible with a 13.2 gallon tank or is...
  2. Ace92028

Questions about upcoming SMOG check

I have a 2015 and got the renewal today. I purchased the car in 2016 though
  3. Ace92028

Questions about upcoming SMOG check

I still haven’t had to smog my car and I just recieved renewal papers in the mail today. I was thinking I was going to have to smog it this year, I’m guessing definitely next year ??
  4. Ace92028

5 18” Cadiz with tires for sale in Los Angeles

I know this is old but are they available still?
  5. Ace92028

Front Subframe Bushings (upper and lower) Install

I installed a stage 2 BFI dogbone mount insert and almost all wheel hop is gone. I did a couple hard pulls and I can feel it still but it’s much better. If I don’t smash the gas i can get much better pulls without any wheel hop. Also noticed there is no NVH which is kinda weird??
  6. Ace92028

So the tool worked. I was able to push the mount back down. When removing my current doge one insert I tore it clean in half. Is it alright to still use or should I just use my old 034 metal insert? I noticed car has nvh but still has wheel hop during hard pulls. Not as bad as before though.
  7. Ace92028

I tried using a single pry bar but didn’t use any penetration oil. Mine is literally touching the front sway bar so it needs to be pushed down a whole cm. Did you just loosen the front sway bar and use the the pry bar against it to push it down ? Mine wouldn’t budge. I’m hoping this tool will help.
  8. Ace92028

That is with them saying they will need to take the subframe out and have it pressed in. Apparently nobody had this tool for some reason.
  9. Ace92028

Unfortunately labor is around $150 or more an hour and most places are estimating 4-6 hours. Not including parts and alignment.
  10. Ace92028

I found a revo subframe tool which wasn’t too bad $80. I called around and most places gave me estimates of 600$ and higher. So I’ll give this a try and see if it works. Part # is RV581M900200 if it does work if anyone else has this issue.
  11. Ace92028

I was wondering if anyone knows of a tool or a way to press both the top and bottom bushing back down. I went under my car and noticed that both mounts are pushed up and actually the top mount is touching the front sway bar. So it needs to come down about an entire cm. I’m in a gti so my...
  12. Ace92028

MK7 Antifreeze leak?

I'm talking about just for short term until the leak is resolved.
  13. Ace92028

MK7 Antifreeze leak?

just use distilled water, UNLESS you live in an area that gets below freezing.
  14. Ace92028

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got a redlight ticket this morning coming to work, was going with the flow of traffic trying to get through the yellow and of coarse a cop pulls me over. No speeding or anything reckless, just got my license, insurance, and registration. Took 15 minutes and came back with a ticket...looked it up...
  15. Ace92028

Considering selling my car…

Did you mention that is was modified? I made mine stock. to get the 21k, also mine is autobahn which could increase value.
  16. Ace92028

New Clutch Time?

sounds like oem would be better if its only 25k miles on it. I thought mine was bad for leaking at 60k haha. My waterpump/thermo is also leaking but its super slow that I still haven't to even add coolant to it yet. The cooland is pretty cool though cause when it does it. It starts to crust up...
  17. Ace92028

New Clutch Time?

that is what I would do. that flywheel and pressure plate don't look like something I would want to but back in the car. Also the rear main seal could have causing clutch slippage and the hot spots you see everywhere. Use stock rear main seal and see longevity? I just replaced mine and it was...
  18. Ace92028

For me I plan on keeping my car until something that is better comes in my eyes. Sounds like you can easily turn this car into stockish and have it sold for top dollar tomorrow. I would save the money for x amount of months possibly years until the car market comes back down. OR you could try...
  19. Ace92028

You can check for yourself, add you have a suspension mod on your vehcile and carvana will offer 30% less off the total value of your car.
  20. Ace92028

Yes remove all parts, especially suspension, make the care look as stock as possible. Expect if you try to sell the car modded you will get 30% possibly even less of its acutal value.