GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Sell as is or unmod

So the time has come to sell my beloved GTI :(. I parted out all the awesome mods except the wheels. I recently (2 months ago) upgraded the rims to VWR and bought brand new tires (BF Goodrich) and gave away the stock Austins. Would it be economically better to source a used pair of Austins and...
  2. A

If you knew your car was TD1...

If you knew your car was TD1 flagged, would you be more likely to mod or less? Why? (Assuming it was TD1ed for something minor like an intake...)
  3. A

Torque Solutions BOV spacer

Brand new in an unopened package. $45 OBO shipped CONUS net of PayPal fees. PM with phone number for pics
  4. A

Cobb AP for MK7 GTI

Like new condition, got it 3 months ago, did not have it plugged in for data logging...etc . Has ALL tunes, case, 2 faceplates, cable and original mounting hardware AND vent mount. Not a single scratch nick or other imperfection. $550 shipped in CONUS (net of PayPal fees). Will provide proof...
  5. A

San Diego / SoCal Assistance

Anyone in San Diego or SoCal with a shop / access to a shop / ramps / lift ... willing to let me use it? Need to get under the car for an hour or 2 :D
  6. A

3rd Gear

Does anyone else have issues with 3rd gear in their 6MT? When spirited driving, it seems to be difficult to stick that 3rd gear, it’s as if its locked out at times and other times it’s sloppy.
  7. A

Rev9 Downpipe MK7 GTI

SOLD
  8. A

MK7 OEM Austin rims / wheels - California

4 mk7 OEM rims, currently have all season tires mounted. The rims are in excellent shape, only one has VERY minor curb rash. Absolutely no flat spots, dents, Chips, bends...etc (willing to meet you at a shop to verify). entertaining offers. Will sell with tires or without. Prefer a local sale...
  9. A

WTB Downpipe MK7 GTI

Looking for a downpipe for an mk7 gti. Catted or catless. Prefer local pickup in southern CA
  10. A

Southern CA Facebook Groups

Any good Facebook groups in southern CA?
  11. A

OfferUp experience

A couple of days ago, I was browsing on local sites like letgo, Craigslist, OfferUp .... etc. figured it was time to make some upgrades to my car and wanted to see if there were any good deals on pre owned goodies. Saw an add for a Cobb Accessport on OfferUp and decided to contact the seller. He...
  12. A

Turning car off at a red light

How many of you turn the car off at a prolonged red light?
  13. A

Volkswagen is Trying to Build a Record-Setting EV Prototype

Thoughts? https://news.thomasnet.com/featured/volkswagen-is-trying-to-build-a-record-setting-ev-prototype?channel=newsletter&campaign_type=PNA&campaign_name=1017&utm_campaign=1017&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=PNA
  14. A

MK8 speculations

it's a little early to speculate, but please share your predictions for the MK8 :D https://blog.urotuning.com/2016/06/30/300hp-factory-gti-mk8-yes/
  15. A

Clubsport conversion

Anyone attempt to do a clubsport conversion? Can't imagine it being too difficult.
  16. A

Clicking / knocking sound at WOT

I gave my car the beans earlier today and heard a clicking / knocking sound in the back of the car. It was knocking pretty fast until I let off. I tried to replicate it by going WOT again, but it wasn't happening. Any idea what it could be?
  17. A

Hankook Stock Tires

Hello all, i was fortunate enough to get the Hankook tires on my GTI and after 20,000 miles i'm at 9/32 tread (i believe they were 11/32 brand new). On the way from getting my tires rotated, i hit a pretty deep pothole and ended up getting small "bulges" on the sidewalls of my front and rear...
  18. A

"Mod Friendly" Dealers

Post your experience with proclaimed "mod friendly" dealers. Do you revert back to stock before visiting mod friendly dealers? Has a mod friendly dealer flagged your car? (intakes, DP, piggybacks..etc)
  19. A

Considering trading in my MK7 GTI

I have had an absolute blast with my MK7 GTI, but a nearby Hyundai dealership is having some sweet deals on their Genesis coupe. It's hard to resist a NA 3.8 v6 RWD with a superior warranty and no "dealership flagging". Any thoughts?
  20. A

Psycho Driver Captured on DashCam

Hello Gents, It's been a while since i posted here, but today on the way to work i've encountered a special kind of crazy. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTJU9thwIg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulwyOqoTPgQ