GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Bumper Material

Anyone know if our bumpers are made out of Polypropylene? I tried searching and using some charts online but most stop at 2014. It appears VW typically uses PP unless there are headlight washers installed then it goes to TPO. Need to order some plastic welding rods but don't want to tear the...
  2. R

BFI Trans Mount Insert Bolts

Tried searching but haven't found what I'm looking for. What size bolts does everyone replace the rivets with once you replace the insert? Or do you just throw a rivet back in?
  3. R

Rear caliper electric motor connector

Anyone happen to know the part number for the parking brake motor electrical connector? I know VW sells a whole harness, but I broke the clip that clicks the connector in on accident and would rather just replace it.
  4. R

JB4 with USB cable and AFR harness - $380 shipped

SOLD, please delete.
  5. R

Rear Brake Pad Clunk

I previously made a thread regarding brake pad brands, but this is one specifically for the noise. Currently using OE ATE pads with new rotors and caliper brackets cleaned and fresh grease on NON PP brakes. The issue is the pads slide up and down in the bracket, so when going from forward to...
  6. R

Rear brake pads

I recently did rear pads and rotors, pads being Powerstop pads. I only DD the car with occasional spirited runs and have never had issues with Powerstop pads for my needs. However these pads move around in the carrier, specifically they clunk when you go forward after reversing or vice versa. It...
  7. R

Odd Light Flash

I wouldn't really call this an issue, but it has been present since basically day one. I've only noticed it when I installed Helix headlights as the DRL's are much brighter and noticeable in the parking garage. I did do coding to allow for DRL's to be turned off from infotainment and with...
  8. R

6MT shifting concerns

Before I dive into my concern, I know the 6MT gearbox is like shark week at home so I get that you have to tread lightly. :p I currently have the follow shifting aids: Poly shifter bushing inserts S3 SS Bleeder block mod 034 Dogbone insert Weighted knob SRE Clutch with 24k miles on it. Has...
  9. R

OBDEleven headlight bulb error

I remember seeing somewhere in OBDeleven an option to disable the headlamp out warning. However I cannot remember where, I've searched around to no avail. I need to disable it because of a relay harness I am running. Anyone come know where this option is? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using...
  10. R

Motul Gear 300 transmission fluid

Recently switched over to Motul Gear 300 fluid in my 6MT and the difference is night and day. The gearbox is now butter smooth, and the chatter on idle I had is now essentially gone. I previously used Redline MTL, and the gearbox felt notchy and loud on idle due to gear lash. Motul is pricey...
  11. R

FS: CTS 3.5" Catted DP with 42DD spacer

Up for sale is a CTS catted DP with a 42DD spacer. I had this setup on the car for 12k miles, but am now going a different route. I am looking for $390 for everything, prefer not to ship at the moment. I am located in SE PA and can drive half way to meet up. SOLD
  12. R

Oil Pan Drain Plug

Does anyone else have a weeping drain plug on the oil pan? The drain plug changed was during the oil change, so shouldn't be leaking. I plan to switch to a steel pan eventually.
  13. R

Boost fluctuation

Tried to do some searching but could not find any information on a stock tune. I have noticed through the Torque app that the boost pressure under full throttle will go to about 18 and then drop to 12-13 after about 5k RPM. Does this mostly in 2nd gear, but also in 3rd unless I keep the throttle...
  14. R

AC compressor whirring

On black Friday I was driving home after work and noticed a noise that sounds the same as when you shut the car off and the ECU does the beeping thing, but in this case when car is idling. Poking around with with a stethascope and the noise is from the AC compressor. Oddly it goes away when you...
  15. R

Auto dim mirror

Figured I'd throw this up. I installed a Gentex 313 auto dim mirror, I've had it laying around for a long time and decided to throw it in. I ordered just a generic VW mirror adapter, and got a longer bolt for the mirror to secure itself to the mount. Wiring was a bit annoying considering there...
  16. R

Blower motor has a mind of its own?

So recently I have been noticing that on speed settings that are 3 and below, the fan sometimes just stop blowing air completely. If you turn it up higher, it will not blow instantly but kind of slowly start blowing and finally get up to the correct speed of the desired higher setting. Then, if...
  17. R

Cold air out of vents with AC off

Didn't find any info about anyone else having this behavior. This could be normal, but was curious if anyone else experienced it. If you turn the AC off, or the climate control off (either one), the air coming out of the vents is still cold, not cool, but actually cold. This happens only when...
  18. R

Stock clutch limits

So there are a lot of threads/posts about stock clutches slipping when you're making more power. I can't seem to find a concrete answer as to when it starts to slip. If you have had your stock clutch start to slip, please post up what mods you had when it started. Not only will this help me out...
  19. R

Stock redline

What is the stock redline on a 16' GTI? Now that I have over 1k miles on my GTI, I have done some fun runs on the highway, I shifted around 6500rpm's but it seems like it just wants to keep going?
  20. R

Notchy gear box?

I've searched through and through and have only found a few posts in regards to this. Anyone notice on the 6-speed manual, when the transmission is still cold, 2nd gear is notchy? It smooths out once the trans gets up to temp, but the first few shifts in the morning after leaving the driveway...