GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

I traded in the GTI

Hi All, I just wanted to say good buy to all of you. Thanks for all the help and advise. I loved my 2016 GTI, I had done quiet a bit of work to it, but since the trade in value were so good I decided to trade it in. The fact that I had to replace the clutch twice did not help and the smell of...
  2. I

Sachs SRE vs South Bend stage 3 endurance review

Hi All, I had the misfortune to try both clutches thus here is my review. I have a 2016 GTI PP STAGE 2 APR and it is a daily driver. I do not track the car thus the winner for me is the Sachs SRE That said the South Bend STAGE 3 endurance did just about everything better. If I used the car for...
  3. I

APR STAGE II Software Update, should I do it or keep old version?

HI All, I gave had APR Stage II for about 3.5 years now and I love it. Now APR has an updated revise version of the tune which reduces the torque. I do not have the old numbers but I think it is about 40lbs of torque lower My question for those that took the updated file are they happy with it...
  4. I

South Bend Stage 3 Endurance USED for sale make me an offer

Hi All, My south bend stage 3 endurance failed not due to wear but due to part failure. The clutch disk failed, I called SB and the cost to replace the disk they told me is $342 the single flywheel and everything else you should be able to reuse. You could have a kit able to hold 600 ft lbs of...
  5. I

2016 GTI Manual Drivetrain issue, need help troublshooting

Hi All, I have a 2016 GTI with about 46k miles. The car is tune with stage II APR with southbend stage 3 endurance clutch since the car had 3k miles. I was driving on the highway, sixth gear speeding up at around 80 MPH, all of the sudden the car just starts to Rev freely, like something...
  6. I

225/45/r18 on lowered spring and agressive offset will it rub?

Hi All, I am wanting to run 18×8 rims et35 all around with 225/45/18 lowered with Eibach pro springs which lower the car about an inch all the way around. I know that with 235/40 I don't rub. 225/45 would be my snow set up. Tires are much cheaper at this size and ride would be more comfortable...
  7. I

Rear Negative Camber after springs -2.3 degress

Hi All, just got the eibach pro springs installed on my mk7 gti with DCC and I brought my car in for it to be aligned and they said I was all set, but when I look at the Sheet my Camber seems to be aggressively off. Is this something that cannot be adjusted in the rears? Would it cause me issues...
  8. I

25mm hollow, or 24mm Solid?

Hi All, I drive a 2016 GTI with DCC and PP, and I think DCC stock the car has a 22mm solid sway bar, but could not find this information anywhere for sure. I am thinking about getting the H&R 24mm Sway bar, which is solid, mainly because of the Teflon bushing so you install it and forget about...
  9. I

My Car almost flooded... I think

Hi guys, I get out to work to see my car almost flooded... I put the car in nutral and push it out of the water. When I opened the door no water got in the car but it was very close. The car did start although I did smell a bit of burning fumes for a minute but it seemed fine driving home...
  10. I

Dual Intake Cut Out part number help

Does anyone know where this part can be found and if it will fit the MK7 GTI? Thank you
  11. I

How to deal with road Rage?

So it was raining, and I get stuck on a back road with someone going around 25 MPH and then keeps on slowing down until they come to an almost complete stop, so I pass them... Then they accelerate not to let me pass... I mean it was a some type of small Toyota and they could not stop me from...
  12. I

BG MOA oil additive offered by vw dealer

Hi All, wanted to know what were your thoughts on this. https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/engine/bg-moa/ My dealer offered it to me and after reading quickly online I agreed to have it put in. I've been on it since first oil change and then roughly every 7k miles after that. I am on stage II if...
  13. I

FREE 1 OZ Omnia 18x8 et 45 race grey + shipping

Hi All, I have one OZ Omnia with some curb rash and bent, but no cracks. Anyway I bought a new rim and I do not need this one. If anyone wants it they can have it, you just pay shipping which should be around $20 https://photos.app.goo.gl/dfCthMUX8NSPyUdA7
  14. I

New Tires, 27k Miles, is alignment needed?

Hi All, I am always worried about getting an alignment. I feel if it aint broken don't touch it... anyway I will be going to Town Fair tire to get these installed and of course they recommend a 4wheel alignment... Since my rear tires are still good, I plan to replace the front only and then...
  15. I

More PSI better steering\ride\cornering?

Hi All, I am no expert but just sharing my experience. Recently my TPMS light came on and I check my tire pressure and all my tires were at around 29psi, so I filled all 4 corners back up to 37PSI and I was surprised that the ride felt smoother and cornering reduced body roll, the car felt more...
  16. I

10mm Spacer issue fixed

Hi All, not sure if this has been covered but 10mm spacers do not really work. It is hard to tell but they do not fully clear the hub and they do not fit totally flush and thus I was getting a bit of vibration. To fix and test my theory I actually glued a washer just like the picture below and...
  17. I

APR Tune with DP issue and sensor

Hi All, I got my DP installed at an INDY shop about a year ago together with APR stage II and clutch. It has been great and had no issue since about a month ago. The car started developing a rattling sound, due to the bolts around the triangle shape month coming lose. Had it fixed at VW dealer...
  18. I

Manual Transmission Engine Braking (None)?

Hi All, I have a 2016 GTI with APR Stage II and South Bend Stage 3 Clutch. Is it normal that these cars really do not brake much in gear? I am used to keep my car in gear when going down a steep hill to help me slowdown a bit, or when I am in need to come to a stop in a hurry, I downshift...
  19. I

Side Visor it does extend!!!

Hi All, I have a 2016 GTI and I have eyes that are very sensitive to the sun and I have to move my visor to the side all the time, but I am a big guy and it does not nearly cover the part of the window that hits my eyes. I was about to buy some type of adapter when I decided to google it as I...
  20. I

Extended Warranty, if not vw, Who?

so we all mod our cars in some shape and form. Thanks to our new user "dealer" it is better to have aftermarket warranty then vw warranty. Great tip and info, however who is recommended and should the warranty be bought now when the car is still below one year 10k miles or it does not matter...