GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Firstboost

OEM VW roof rack $150.00 pick up only

Selling my OEW VW roof racks that I used for the last two summers. Everything included. Excellent condition. SOLD!!!
  2. Firstboost

Refurbed Southbend Stg 3 daily, 450 miles $500

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! I had this clutch installed and less than 450 miles later, a pressure plate bolt backed out and flung itself all over my bell housing, destroying my transmission and pitting the pressure plate. The clutch had to be sent back to Southbend to be refurbished and I have the...
  3. Firstboost

Well guys, it's been a fun run

Gotta say that nearly all the people on this forum were pretty chill and very helpful to even some of the most redundant questions and beaten down topics. The willingness to take your time to breakdown everything from soundaktor disabling/removal, to coding, to practically any DIY for this...
  4. Firstboost

FS: AWE Switchpath 102mm SS

Sold!
  5. Firstboost

Etching in turbine inlet

So I was doing, we’ll say, preventative maintenance and checking to make sure my compressor wheel was still balanced as some people over the years have had their turbos crap out on them and noticed an odd etching inside the compressor housing inlet. What are your thoughts? I can’t imagine...
  6. Firstboost

Southbend, no chatter. Fluidampr?

Evening y'all. Been awhile since I posted any sort of progress on my R, but figured I'd drop a line for some opinions; you know I love your guys/gals opinions right? Any way. I had the phenomenal Emmanuele design team work on my little Peter Cotton tail today. I will be praising them elsewhere...
  7. Firstboost

History of the entire world, I guess

If you have ~20 minutes, you should check this out. Pretty funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs
  8. Firstboost

Octane options and 91/93 tune files

I intend to switch maps to the APR 93 HT file soon and happen to have quite the plethora of octane choices at a local gas station. What, if any, are the disadvantages of running a higher octane than the recommended octane on APR's, or others tune files? I wouldn't think there would be any...
  9. Firstboost

Exhaust tone/power change at 3,000 RPM

So, ever since my downpipe and catback were put on, I've noticed a fairly decent change in exhaust tone from 3,000 RPM and onward and even a little uptick in power. It sounds/feels like what I would best describe as a vtec crossover. Not sure if most of you know that sound or not. This occurred...
  10. Firstboost

APR stage 2 HO first impressions

:eek: :D :cool: Wow....this felt like an INSANE boost in power. The lower rpm torque band freakin rocks! I actually had to grip the wheel and focus lol. Anyone on the fence....jump to the dark side. Daily drivability in Bay Area traffic was great! I couldn't even tell it was tuned aside from...
  11. Firstboost

FOCUS RS' leaking/blowing head gaskets

Well i'm not sure how many of the MK7's are popping their headgaskets, but it doesn't look very good for the RS right now. I know it's only a small sample, but I imagine this could get out of hand if this is happening on stock vehicles...
  12. Firstboost

DSG "fart" on 6MT

So after installing my downpipe and catback, I've noticed that when i take my foot off the throttle to shift, I get a little DSG style "fart" like the DSG guys do in the videos I've seen. Any other 6MT guys getting this? Just thought since it was always labeled as a DSG fart, that 6MT's...
  13. Firstboost

Bay Area tuners. Which one?

Hi all. I realize that this could've been posted in regional, or the R section, but since this area gets the most traffic and since I'm only looking for testimonials, figured I'd put this up here. I am planning on getting an APR stage 2 tune within the next two weeks and have 3 dealers within...
  14. Firstboost

o2 spacers w/mini catalysts

Has anyone tried running these types of o2 spacers? I know some people are having good luck with the standard o2 spacers with their aftermarket catted downpipes, but since I am going catless, was wondering if anyone doing the same may have opted to use these and is having zero issues with...
  15. Firstboost

Outrunning the ghetto bird

Dude's got some serious balls. I like how he even slows for traffic even though he's running from da choppa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbpv5TIVKg8
  16. Firstboost

Porsche owner P-shops timeslip

Don't let us catch any of you hot dog DSG 1/4 mile guys doing this ok? http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/399340-mission-accomplished-9-s-1-4-mile.html
  17. Firstboost

Stock R vs. 2016 STi

Ok, so coming home from work yesterday, I see a new STi; assuming 2016. We have a single lane road that leads up to our housing community and at the stoplight he was behind me and we both just decided to floor it all the way up the hill; maybe 1-2% grade, nothing insane. After the initial...
  18. Firstboost

Seat belt buckle felt

So I have an interesting question that I couldn't find an answer to. Why is the felt on my seat belt buckles facing towards the drivers/passengers thigh and not towards the center console to prevent the rattling? After owning the car for a few days, I noticed a rattling coming from the right...
  19. Firstboost

Ambient rear door lighting - not working?

Hey guys/gals. I noticed recently that my rear door LED stripes are not on. I went in the menu to fiddle around with the options and was able to turn the lighting brighter and dimmer in the front, as those have worked since day one, but the rears don't do anything. I'm pretty sure they're...
  20. Firstboost

Finally made it into a Golf

First and foremost I'd like to thank the community for the great information on all of the Golf variants here, which ultimately led me to the new Golf R I bought last evening. I'm completely blown away by the tech. in this car compared to my older 2006 M3. Door handles unlock/lock by simply...