GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I've always wondered about those springs, how do you like them? Looks great btw, are those 235/40? Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  2. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Love that beer (and the wheels too). Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  3. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Lifehack: just buy two big tires and cut them in half! Take that Big Rubber! Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  4. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

19 Englishtowns, Possible Split

Gauging interest for my set of Englishtowns, ordered a set of 18s arriving next Wednesday and would like to get rid of these. Two are pretty much brand new, and the other two have no damage aside from little nicks here and there from daily driving, all have stock contis (5P). As of writing...
  5. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I almost spit out my coffee when I read this sentence... whoa... times have changed. Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  6. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Uni Carbon Fiber Intake 24 Months In

I know some people have concerns with the longevity of the current crop of CF intakes. I've read people concerned with yellowing and deterioration. After 2 years with zero cleaning I pulled it out to clean the air filter. I wiped 2 years of New England grime a off with just a little water and...
  7. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Got a special delivery from Latvia today: Edit: Fixed the embed! (e-acca.com < $100 shipped, arrived in 11 business days)
  8. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I've been very impressed by them. Like a pilot super sport crossed with the X-Ice. Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  9. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Took it out to play Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  10. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Finally got my suspension sorted out. FSDs on stock springs is an excellent combo for those in shit areas. Firm where you want it, forgiving on the scarred roads, and reduced pitch, dive, and roll across the board. Only took me 4 rebuilds to do what I had originally planned to do all along...
  11. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Yea, every time I have a stud conversion kit in my shopping cart and am about to check out, I remember how not-really-hard it is. Then I spend the money on beer. Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  12. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Bahahaha I thought this exact thing as I was doing it. Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  13. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

These things are darn handy, and they helped me get rid of some of the noises I was experiencing. Ideally you would want to tighten everything down while the suspension is loaded. That's not to say you will definitely have issues if you don't, I imagine most won't. It's more useful for those...
  14. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Installed new OEM endlinks with hubstands, no more suspension noise! Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  15. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Oh man, my E30... You could fix it with a hammer and nothing ever broke despite me being a car newbie when I had it... Except for the damn sensors. None of the parts they were attached to ever broke or wore down much, but the sensors would fail every 1000 miles. Eventually I just took the...
  16. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Haha that's Volkswagen for you, when you could just stamp or etch the P/N on the spring, instead create a color coded cipher! My friend told me a joke: If you give an Audi engineer who is trapped in a hole in the ground a ladder, he'll fashion a shovel and dig his way out. Not VW exactly, but...
  17. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

The springs on there own weren't so much the issue, they are good springs, but progressive springs with progressive dampers was too much. I'll stick with linear springs with my FSDs going forward. Yea I couldn't figure it out. VW seems to intentionally obfuscate this. Sent from my ONEPLUS...
  18. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Put the stock suspension back on. Eibach Pro Kit springs didn't work for my heavier DSG/Sunroof GTI SE. Lowered the car waaaay more than the advertised 1" ... Closer to 2", maybe more (edit: front only). It wasn't that bad, considering, but it wore on me. It was like driving an STI...
  19. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Thanks [emoji16][emoji106] Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  20. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Got the car back from the body shop after my bumper/grill/radiator/intercooler/ac ate a slab of aluminum siding that flew off a truck. I'm floored, the repair quality was astounding. - they filled in the license plate holes on the replacement bumper for no charge - the paint quality is...