GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

DSG tune for alltrack that raises D mode shift points the most?

actually I just did the APR TCU and like you said, it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for reaffirming it as well.
  2. S

lowering the gear ratios on an Alltrack via replacing the rear differential?

yup I was misinformed — someone else made the suggestion to me
  3. S

DSG tune for alltrack that raises D mode shift points the most?

Hey guys! Wondering which company's DSG tune raises D mode shift points the most? I have an 2017 Alltrack with a APR stage 1 ECU tune which definitely helped restore the torque I lost after drastically increasing my tire diameter (went from 24.7" to 26.7") to avoid frequently smashing my ACC...
  4. S

Oh it does when you change it a lot. I actually started with 245/40/17's when I first got the car which felt like half of a stage 1 tune. now that I'm running 225/55/17's it literally feels like I'm running a stage -1 tune…
  5. S

I actually hadn't considered that option due to cost but that's a great idea.
  6. S

Hey guys! I'm replacing the rear differential on my 2017 Alltrack due to serious pothole damage and was wondering if it's possible to install a rear diff with a higher rear axle ratio to lower your gearing? Like a few other Alltrack owners, I have had to switch to higher profile tires to...
  7. S

APR stage 1 tune accidentally stacked on top of Neuspeed Power Module

Sure enough my ECU was pulling power from the stack — finally today after driving for awhile the power came back!! Feels great now 👍🏼
  8. S

Got it, ok that makes sense. I got the APR stage 1 91 octane tune. When I had my neuspeed I used to run it at +7 PSI for the most power but found that every now and then if I pushed the engine too much the ECU would “learn” and substantially cut back on the available power. I would then have...
  9. S

Thanks for your reply. So in other words, normally stacking the two really pushes the car more, but with APR specifically, the neuspeed doesn’t have any effect.
  10. S

Hey guys! Been awhile since I’ve posted (have an Alltrack instead of a GTI instead of a Sportwagen now!). Wondering if anyone might be able to help me with this situation: I just picked up my 2017 VW Alltrack from precision Motorworks in Santa Clara and was Alarmed to find that they had...
  11. S

DeAutoKey d3s 5500k HID bulbs like new!

These bulbs will get rid of the yellow in your main headlights and replace it with a much whiter shade similar to daylight! They are like like new in the box and have been tested and work perfectly. Asking $75 shipped OBO
  12. S

APR low torque tune vs UM blue file

I'm trying to to decide between these two ECU tunes for my GTI, anyone have any input on which one is a better low torque tune? I'm looking for the smoothest power delivery, preferably with more of a hp increase and less of a torque increase. I really want to try the UM blue file but I can't...
  13. S

Anyone with a red golf/GTI/R want to swap their mirror caps for my carbon fiber ones?

Been thinking about vinyl wrapping my mirror caps red when it dawned on me why not just use the mirror caps from a red GTI? Lol would anyone be interested in swapping with me? I have the USP Motorsports pair...
  14. S

Locking rear seat back latch?

Anyone know if there's such a thing as a locking rear seat back latch? My car got broken into last night and for the 2nd time the thiefs were easily able to lower the seat backs, exposing everything in my trunk. Would be great if I could somehow lock these.
  15. S

Plastic rear quarter window "glass"?

Got my window smashed yet again last night in one of the worst cities in the SF bay to street park -- Oakland, CA. Was wondering if there is such a thing as clear plastic (plexiglass?) replacement glass? Obviously such a material shouldn't be used for windshields, all moving windows etc, but...
  16. S

Akebono front pads part # for PP GTI?

I can't seem to find the right pad for a PP GTI for the front rotors. Do they only make the right ones for the rear?
  17. S

Effect of changing front brake pads only on XDS?

I'm thinking about upgrading my brake pads on my PP GTI and was wondering what will happen if I only upgrade the front? Normally I feel like it wouldn't really be a big problem, however having never owned a car with XDS before, I'm wondering how it will affect it's performance. Will the new...
  18. S

Performance Brake Pads with the least dust?

Not sure if maybe it's just my particular 2017 GTI's OEM pads that are like this, but I'm getting a ton of dust up front that builds up insanely quickly — I'm talking like cleaning my wheels at the carwash, driving 15 minutes home, and finding them all brown again. I'm looking for some pads...
  19. S

OBDEleven no longer working with wifi?

For months I've been using my OBDeleven with an unactivated android phone (I'm a iPhone user) using wifi. While a lot of the time I did have connectivity issues, ever now and then it would still work. All of a sudden in the past couple of weeks, no matter what I do, I cannot get it to connect...