GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

FS: JB4 with JB4 Connect

Same JB4 everyone else sells. I've gone maestro and no longer have a need for it. 400 obo free shipping in the USA.
  2. R

Neuspeed RSe52 fitment

Need some advice on running 18x9 et40 or 18x8 et45. Definitely don't want to rub, but I'd ideally like to run a 245 tire. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks. Other option is the Neuspeed RSe05 in a 17x8 et 45.
  3. R

Spool Up Sound

Installed a CTS TMD and inlet elbow a couple weeks ago and wanted to throw a video up of the decent spool sounds I get. These parts are paired with a CTS intake as well. https://youtu.be/pxx_xBaSxFc
  4. R

Circuit Werks turbo back

Anyone with any experience on these. Looking to replace my BB turbo back that hasn't fit properly since day 1 and now has developed a leak somewhere from the turbine connection to the midpipe.. I will try to diagnose the leak today when I can get the car on a lift, but it's quite...
  5. R

GTI LP headlights

So the R headlights have both U shaped LEDs illuminated.. Are the GTI inkers completely fake LEDs or is it a matter of vcds programming?? Seems to be a bit much on the engineering to purposely make fake halos for the GTI Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. R

AWE vs B&B

Currently have B&B catted turboback.. Looking hard at AWE catless track turboback. Anyone heard these two in person? I know the AWE will be louder, but how much louder? Marginally, significant? I'm unhappy with the sound of the B&B. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

ECS sales

Heads up that Euro spec MK7 Golf R tail lights are on sale at ECS. Just ordered a set for myself. Priced at 699 down from 899. Plug and play from the box. Required wiring and vcds coding to get the amber turn signals like true euro spec. Otherwise they work fine without the wires and coding...
  8. R

Me vs some nice rides in Germany

No videos. Races were impromptu: First up, 1989 Skyline GT-R.. Caught the guy getting on the A8 in Germany and we chased each other a couple times up to my speed limiter. (200kph) THe only real "run" if you will was from about 70kph to 200 again. He downshifted and took off so I gave...
  9. R

Badgeless grille

I know Badgeless grilles exist, but is there one that still has the VW but deleted the GTI portion? All I've seen delete the VW as well.. I can't believe this product doesn't exist at all. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. R

Continental vs Michelin

Opinions please. The Michelin PSS's are currently ~186 a piece on tire rack while the Continental Extreme Contact DW are ~135 a piece (on sale) Question, are the PSS THAT much better so as to justify another 51 dollars per corner? I've owned several sets of continentals and loved...
  11. R

Settled drop...

Not sure if this has been covered or documented, but I'm about 3 weeks post VWR Spring install on stock shocks and I wanted to show the settled drop for people on the fence... Stock shocks. Fronts.. 13/16 socket Rears.. 3/4 socket Hope this helps anyone on the fence regarding...
  12. R

Oil change.

So I have about 2500 miles on the car. Been perfect so far. I have an oil change kit sitting in the garage ready to go. I went with the liquimoly kit from ECS. Anyways I have a trip this weekend that will run about 1200 miles. Should I go ahead and change the factory fill out before the trip or...
  13. R

TPMS false alert

So yesterday I lowered my car with VWR springs and today on about a 70 mile drive, I received an alert for low pressure. Pulled into the next services area only to check the pressure and all 4 wheels were sitting at the same pressure they were the day I driver her home. After verifying...
  14. R

Burning Smell, New Exhaust

Since install of new turbo back, I'm getting a burning smell from under the hood once I stop and get out of my vehicle. I've checked for clearance issues/anything touching the downpipe and it's perfectly clear. Is this common on a new downpipe for the first little while as it "cures" so to...
  15. R

B&B Exhaust Question

For the people running the B&B catted turbo back, did you experience a CEL and if so, how did you mitigate it? spacer, tune, etc. I have that exhaust arriving this week and I'd prefer not to stare at a needless CEL if I can help it. Thanks.
  16. R

Normal induction noise or leak somewhere?

As the topic says, take a listen to the video and let me know what you all think. Only mods are CTS intake and BOV and I've done the weather stripping mod. Thanks! https://youtu.be/jW8JYHzDeiY Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R

Tuner shops in Europe

Anyone know of any tune shops around Belgium that are reputable and comfortable with GTIs? I know APR has a couple authorized shops in Belgium and one in the Netherlands, but all three seem to charge nearly twice what APR suggests the retail price should be for services/products...
  18. R

MDI Cable vs iPhone Cable

Currently I'm running my iPhone through my car via the iPhone cable. It connects fine to the system, but there are a few quirks that get under my skin. First, when Spotify is running and I do anything else on the phone (check a message, check a webpage, etc.) the car mutes Spotify and I'm...
  19. R

First 24 hours..

Took delivery yesterday in Germany. Drove 6 hours back to southwestern Belgium... Initial impressions: solid build, excellent headlights (LP), torque, torque, and stiff ride. There's not much that can be said that hasn't already, so I'll just add my personal stand out: suspension. Coming...
  20. R

ReflexGTI Build Thread

I wanted to start this mainly to keep a record for my own personal joys but to also share with current and future GTI owners the process.. For now, the obligatory delivery day photo! On order and in transit, CTS intake, CTS BOV, B&B turbo back..