GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

4 Years And 14700 Miles. Maintenance?

I have a 2018 Golf R 6 speed. I do all the work my self. Obviously low mileage with only 14700 miles in 4 years. Have done my oil changes yearly. Did my brake flush last year. Spark plugs and coils have been changed last year. Any other required maintenance I should be doing? Am I due for a...
  2. B

Conti's Gone Back On Michelin PSS

2018 Golf R... What a piece of shit tire the stock Continentals are. They lasted just over 12,000 miles and were the worst riding tire I've ever owned. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with car. Got an alignment, wheels re-balanced. Thought DCC wasn't working any longer. Turned out to be just...
  3. B

DCC Problems and Some Other Errors Codes

2018 Golf R. Would appreciate any thoughts on how to make sure DCC is working. Usually would get that "floaty" feel when in comfort mode, but not lately. Also getting a lot of wobble at high speeds on freeway. Between 50-80 mph. Did an alignment and that didn't fix it. Will get tires balanced...
  4. B

Golf R Cylinder 3 Misfire

2018 Golf R MT with JB4 and 8500 miles. Engine started to stutter at acceleration. EPC light came on. Turned car off and then on. EPC went away. Thought it was the expected clutch slippage. Have an RSR clutch waiting to be installed once the slipping starts. Made an appointment to have clutch...
  5. B

Album Artwork Problem

I have all my music on a 256 GB SD card in mp3 format that I use in my 2018 Golf R. I store my music in FLAC at home and then transfer it to mp3 for use in the car to save some space. I get my artwork in jpg and then embed the artwork into the mp3 using Mp3tag. I then resize the artwork to...
  6. B

2 Year Service

I just did my second oil change. I do them myself. Only 5800 miles after 2 years. Other than oil change any other recommendations to service with only 5800 miles on the car? Thanks.
  7. B

WTB: JB4

Looking for a JB4 for my MK7.5 R. Thanks
  8. B

Neuspeed RSe 102 19x8.5 Golf R

Trying to stay as close to stock with spacing. Is my best bet for 2018 Golf R with Neuspeed RSe 102's, the 19x8.5 wheels or 19x8? Was thinking 8.5's would be best. Do I need spacers?
  9. B

Bay Area: Cargo Mat and Blocks also Monster Mats for GTI

Make me an offer
  10. B

2018 Golf R Eurodyne Clutch Slip

Have 2018 Golf R and gonna go Eurodyne 1.5. I have the RSR clutch, but havent had time to install. Are people getting slip immediately after adding tune without upgraded clutch? Not a super heavy foot, but I hit pretty good. Wondering if I should install clutch first or can wait a little bit...
  11. B

2015 MK7 GTI OEM Stock Clutch

Have OEM clutch kit. Installed RSR clutch at 6k and never got around to getting rid of it. Garage cleaning time... $100 plus shipping.
  12. B

CTS MK7 Downpipe w/Cat

This has been SOLD.... I have an almost new CTS downpipe with cat from my 2015 GTI. It was only used for a couple thousand miles with Eurodyne Stage 2. Bought a Golf R, so don't need it anymore. $350 plus shipping.
  13. B

Golf R Pricing

I see a lot of pricing for GTI's. What kind of pricing are people finding with the Golf R? Thnking about making the jump from Autobahn to R. Tried to use SCCA and dealership refused.
  14. B

Remove Wings From Stock Exhaust

Anyone removed the wings that connect to the heat shield from the stock exhaust? Have CTS catted downpipe. I have to bring car in for service and am putting stock back in as well as putting stock tune back on car. Have CTS removed and having trouble getting stock exhaust back in due to heat...
  15. B

CTS Downpipe

I decided to finally go stage 2. Settled on Unitronic downpipe with cat, but they are out of stock until end of September. So, looking at CTS with cat as it's less expensive and even on sale right now. Question though did anyone have any fitment issues with the CTS downpipe. I've done some...
  16. B

First Service

Bought my 2015 GTI in July 2015. I only have 5,000 miles on it. Car says I am due for service. Should I bring it in for service? Change the oil myself and bring it in later? Leave it til July? Just curious about how VW will think about it. More worried about installing my new RSR clutch.