GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit

I'm sure this is out here somewhere on the forums but I've recently got an EPC light and I ran an obd11 scan and it came up with the "turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit" fault with the p256300 code. I'm willing to replace the throttle boost position sensor but not sure exactly...
  2. C

Instrument bezel/binnacle removal

Does anyone know how to remove the gauge bezels? It looks like they are one piece floating over a single piece of plastic that covers both gauges and the center display. I have some Novus scratch removal polish coming tomorrow (Amazon said the Quixx was unavailable ) and figured it'd be easier...
  3. C

RGM rear bumper protector

I have the Richard Grant Mouldings sillguards and the rearguard. I originally ordered the VW bumper guard but when I found out it was plastic I cancelled the order then vw sent it anyway. I tried to return but they refunded my money without wanting it back. So I ordered the stainless steel RGM...
  4. C

Kessy not working

So a little while ago when I went to open my sunroof it stopped as soon as I let go of the switch instead of going all the way back. Then when I got out of the car I held my hand over the handle and the doors locked but the windows and sunroof didn't close. Dealer says to bring it in but was...
  5. C

Deauto reverse led installation

I just installed my deauto reverse led's today and they look great.The only thing is, and I apologize if it's been covered already, but the installation on my 2016 Golf was a little different than some of the instructions I've seen out here. Most of what I've seen says you rotate the bub housing...
  6. C

ngp racing and rgm sillguards

Ordered rgm sillguards and the stainless steel rear bumper protector from New German Performance yesterday and received them via ups today . Great service and the product looks good from what I've seen so far. I didn't install them today as I had to work until 4 and seeing that it's friday I had...
  7. C

Latest app connect software

I just did a long press of the menu button and was wondering if I had the latest software. Anyone know what it is?
  8. C

Door sill protectors

I was contemplating some door sill protectors and I noticed vw has the vinyl ones that look more functional as they cover more and the more cosmetic ones with the metal inlay. I was thinking about splurging for the metal ones but I just read that last year vw recalled them due to the fact that...
  9. C

Plastic oil pan?

Is there a reason why the oil pan and drain plug are plastic besides cost cutting? Oil pans have been made out of metal for over 100 years , I've been driving for 30 yrs now ( I'm 46 ) and I've never had an oil pan fail. Why reinvent the wheel? I appreciate the fact that all the surfaces I can...
  10. C

jack points

I'm sure this has been gone over before but bear with me. I just picked up my 2016 Golf SE on Saturday night and was wondering about the pinch welds and best way to raise and support the car with my own hydraulic jack and stands ( Esco 10499's ).Is the weight of the car supposed to be supported...