GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ROBK75

Sachs DMF & Performance Clutch Kit

Just had this fitted today - https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-2-0-tdi-6-speed-02q-dual-mass-flywheel-with-sachs-sre-performance-clutch-kit-for-ppd170-cr170.html Cars done 50k miles on the standard clutch, most of it whilst mapped. Started to feel a bit of slippage under...
  2. ROBK75

Mk7 GTD on Bilstein B14

12mm front / 20mm rear spacers.
  3. ROBK75

Bilstein B14

Just had these fitted to replace the standard shocks and VWR springs, the car now sits lower (they're adjustable so can raise or lower even more), handles much better and surprisingly rides better over speedbumps and potholes.
  4. ROBK75

New wheel colour

So I decided against getting new wheels after the feedback from my earlier thread, but I've had them repainted instead. The colour is VW Carbon Steel Grey which is a bit darker than the last colour I had, quite happy with the way they've turned out.
  5. ROBK75

GTD - stick with 18s or change to 19s?

Currently running 18" Nogaros painted in Gunmetal but seriously considering getting bigger wheels. I really like the three below but can't decide a) if it's worth it, and b) if it is what to go for. Thoughts?
  6. ROBK75

New wheels

Thinking of changing my wheels to 19s, after much searching I've narrowed it down to these. Thoughts or any alternative ideas appreciated.
  7. ROBK75

DAB Radio

Anyone else got terrible reception in the UK? Literally can't get a signal on over half of the stations, problem only seems to have developed quite recently. Car is a 2014 GTD.
  8. ROBK75

Clutch Pedal

I've been driving my mates Audi S3 today and the main thing I noticed after getting back into my GTD was the weight of the clutch pedal compared to the S3, it's so much heavier in the Golf it took me quite a while to re-adjust. So is my clutch on the way out or is this normal for the GTD...
  9. ROBK75

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres

Just ordered two for the front to replace the Michelin PSS I have now which are down to less than 2mm, not sure if it's a wise move as they might be a bit extreme for road use but all the reviews I've read said they're excellent in both wet and dry conditions. Anyone got any experience of using...
  10. ROBK75

Black VW badges

Thoughts? I must admit I'm not sure, think I might put the originals back on:
  11. ROBK75

Brake Discs

Anyone upgraded theirs? Thinking of getting Tarox discs and pads all round, my pads need replacing and the discs look a bit worn. Gonna cost about £800 to replace everything but the brakes are the only 'standard' thing left on my car.
  12. ROBK75

Squeaking noise at low speed

Sounds like it's coming from the front suspension area, not too bad but slightly irritating. I've got VWR springs fitted, I know it could be a number of things but could it be the bushes need upgrading with something like these...
  13. ROBK75

More power?

Ok so I've got the custom remap, Milltek exhaust, upgraded air filter etc, is there anywhere else I can go to extract more power without destroying the engine? My car is probably putting out about 240 bhp at the moment but I'd like to get a bit more if possible (without buying a Golf R before...
  14. ROBK75

New front splitter and rear valance

I originally had the Maxton splitter but took it off because I wasn't sure about the looks plus it was a nightmare going over speedbumps and parking on kerbs. Got this Kerscher one today and think it looks much better, plus it doesn't drop down as much as the Maxton so no problems over...
  15. ROBK75

Brake Pads

I'm still on the original set after 23k miles but braking performance seems to be getting worse, is there an indicator which will tell me when its time to replace or will I have to wait till they start squealing? Visually they look quite low but they aren't making any noise yet. As for...
  16. ROBK75

Rear diffuser / apron

Just ordered one of these in carbon finish, will post some pictures once its fitted: http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.php/14085/3296/vw-golf-7-12-rear-apron-insert-abs
  17. ROBK75

Fitting the Golf R front bumper to GTD

Is this possible without much modification? Anyone done it? I fitted a front splitter but think its gonna have to come off, it keeps catching on speed bumps / kerbs etc and is becoming a pain in the backside, it's already scuffed and will eventually probably get ripped off. I still want to do...
  18. ROBK75

DTE Pedal Box

Got one of these today, was a bit sceptical but took the plunge after reading lots of positive reviews online. I must say it makes a massive difference to the throttle response, on the most extreme setting it is actually TOO responsive, but there's loads of settings so its easy to find a...
  19. ROBK75

Front splitter for Mk7 GTD / GTI

Thinking of getting one for my GTD, any recommendations? Seen a nice Reiger one on eBay for £220 but can't decide whether to go Carbon look or get it colour coded.
  20. ROBK75

Cetane Boosters / Redex etc

Anyone use these and is there any noticeable benefit?