GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tom/APR1

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

We can't turn off (through the ECU calibration) all of the nannies that are on the car. I can tell you that my '19 GLI, ASR Off, ESC Sport, will still do other things that will "protect" you, even when compared to my older car, a '16 GTI. For instance, if you are ASR off, ESC Sport in both...
  2. Tom/APR1

The FWD file was developed on my car, GLI with electronic diff, 255/35-19 PS4S tires, and good roads. We considered it the "best case" scenario for traction... While I 100% agree that the AWD feels faster, it is not. I think the fun of roasting the tires and trying to pedal it is too much fun...
  3. Tom/APR1

Yes, stock fueling.... If you have an R, get the upgraded fueling.
  4. Tom/APR1

My car is probably close to the same weight as his... I am a BIG guy (300+) and had luggage as well. My point is that just on any given day without preparations, my four door sedan can run with an honest sports car like that which can run high 11's, low 12's.
  5. Tom/APR1

A few updates on my DTR... This is on my '19 GLI Autobahn DSG. Car is running great, no issues other than someone rear-ending me at a red light about two weeks ago. :cry: Nothing too major, but will need a rear bumper cover and trunk lid. Dealing with insurance companies is just no fun. Car...
  6. Tom/APR1

You seriously need to upgrade that! I promise that the factory airbox is a restriction at the airflow levels the DTR can produce. I think you have seen that we have started offering intakes in both carbon and non-carbon versions. I'm not going to say anything else about what is coming, but...
  7. Tom/APR1

I think that is their goal. We submit all the data to CARB, and then wait. No rhyme or reason as to when things get approved, sometimes a few weeks, sometimes 18+ months. Do you have an intake? Like any bigger turbo, the DTR is sensitive to that. I would have at least our open intake...
  8. Tom/APR1

That kinda was my intention! We have always and always will try to develop a "system" that works, and we rely on our own hardware to work together with our software. Me three!
  9. Tom/APR1

An update on the Emissions Readiness - All the DTR cars we have here set that Fuel System Monitor - '17 and '18 GTI, '19. '20, and '21 GLI, and a '19 Golf R. Our '19 R does have the upgraded fueling, and it does set. We are 99.9% sure that the '15-16 GTI should set fine because they are very...
  10. Tom/APR1

I'm not trying to poke the bear or anything, but are you aware that just like the turbos, there are known issues with the injectors on those early cars? One of our software engineers has a '15 A3, Stage 2 since new, around 50k miles on the car now. Last week, right in front of work, the car...
  11. Tom/APR1

Good luck even finding ANY decent GLI forums...
  12. Tom/APR1

I'll take that Pepsi challenge any day, DTR w/DP vs IS38 w/o. DTR is faster, ESPECIALLY above 50-60mph. AND it is emissions compliant whereas the IS38 w/o DP is not. I'll get to the dragstrip or borrow a dragy when we stop having heat advisories and triple digit heat indexes, but that may not...
  13. Tom/APR1

I agree with some of these pros and cons... For the cons, yes, it is a bigger turbo. You cannot make as much low end torque compared to the smaller, stock turbo at low RPMs, regardless of what you do. It is a physical limitation of bigger turbos that automakers are spending literally billions...
  14. Tom/APR1

I personally have not driven the AWD file... I kind of don't see the point. Turn off traction control and in 2nd with the FWD file, you are still lighting up the front tires. (255/35-19 PS4S tires with VAQ). While it is occasionally fun to roast the tires, it is slower. With traction...
  15. Tom/APR1

Not going to. Many, many years ago, we released a similar product that did that on ME7, and literally EVERY other tuner started using it compete against us. Our tools have evolved since then, no need to give our competition help...
  16. Tom/APR1

To clarify what I was saying, the MPI file is only used if you are running full E85. The LPFP/HPFP file is good for everything other than E85.
  17. Tom/APR1

It is not in the drop-down, it is a separate file:
  18. Tom/APR1

I drove to/from Atlanta today, with about ~230miles on the interstate. I'm a really aggressive driver, and on the interstate averaged today about 90, and ranged between 78 and 100, depending on traffic. I got 292 miles out of 11.6 gallons, so 25.1mpg, which is about average for me with mostly...
  19. Tom/APR1

Let me add... that's the FWD file with my 255 PS4S. The AWD file is slightly slower, because it spins a little. Unless you are on slicks, I don't see how the AWD file would be beneficial.
  20. Tom/APR1

Figure it's time to show dragy from my GLI... these are better times, but not the best times. For instance there was one 10.8 60-130, but sometimes dragy isn't always correct, so I threw that one out: