GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

front haldex.

Hi guys ,had a oil change and filter clean on my front diff on my gti pp @ 19k i was shocked to see filter completely block with crud . Anybody had the same .
  2. S

port/direct injection

I wonder how many of you guys didn't realize like me ,that they where purchasing a 7.5 245 gti with direct injection and not port/direct injection. I never realized that vw had reverted back to d/I post WLPT.. I've been with VAG since the late seventies so I should have seen it coming. I'm to...
  3. S

Santiago x 4.

Genuine 19 ' Santiago x 4. excellent condition, 2 rims have falken 510 7.5 mm. These came off my gtd. £1050 Buyer collects. Retford, Notts.
  4. S

no sound proofing.

just dropped the biggest bollock , p/x my beautiful 7 gtd for a 1yr old 7.5 pp this thing is the nosiest golf I've ever owned 7or8 ,I've been in quieter 20 yr old vans. I only wish I'd gone on longer test drive .its though these no sound proofing at all. VW should be ashamed of themselves.
  5. S

what the differance?

Guys ,how do you tell the difference between the 230 and the 245 on a 18 plate gti.just by looking at the car. ?
  6. S

baffled.

Baffled, just had a major service on my gtd, inc gearbox oil/filter change the cars increase engine performance and smoothness of the gearbox is amazing. what I don't understand is the amount of regens has increase by has much has 50 percent, the car has done 31k.
  7. S

dsg service.

just had a major service inc dsg oil and filter change, battery appears NOT to have been removed just wondered if I've been screwed. golf gtd dsg 2015. can you do a oil and filter change without removing the battery tray? .Thanks.
  8. S

bolstered.

Guys, could you tell me if the standard seats in the 7.5 r are more heavily bolstered than the gtd. A bit wide in the girth so if they are the same as mine. it'll be worth the journey.
  9. S

Grille.?

Can anyone tell me best way to fit a new centre lower grille on my gtd please. Had an encounter with a pheasant.:(
  10. S

wind niose ?

Just wondered if anybody found a cure for wind noise around doors .I've said it before it would great car if not for this defect.
  11. S

throttle responce vcds.

Can the poor throttle lag be improved by using the VCDS. instead of the use of a pedal box. Great car sh#te throttle response.
  12. S

chilly high revs.

Does anybody know why when the weather on the chilly side the engine ticks over at approx 1100 rpm for a few miles I've heard various theory's but not one that's conclusive, tech baffled also.:confused: I'm not referring to a re/gen of Course. The one with the correct answer may even be awarded...
  13. S

turbo revisions.

I wonder why it took 3 turbo revisions to finally get it right any thoughts. I assume a 16 plate would have the latest revision that's of course if they have fixed the problem. Just looking at a pp that's all.
  14. S

port injectors.

Hi guys, could somebody tell me if the gti uk has port injectors. The reason I ask I've been driving the black stuff for donkeys years, got my I on a pp just didn't fancy a de/coke every 40k ish.
  15. S

throttle lag.

Hi Guys, could anyone tell me if the throttle lag on the gti if any, is as bad as my gtd,my last 7/8 diesels never had this problem. just wondered when its time to change to go for the gti.
  16. S

hot air.

Hi, i don't know if I'm in the right place or not, my problem is the passenger air vents are always blowing hot air no matter were the temp setting is set. any idea,s please.
  17. S

wind noise.

Hi, suffering from considerable wind noise from around front doors. Has any body found a cure, it spoils what I think is a great car. dealer said they all do that. any thought's.
  18. S

coolant sorted.

been having coolant problems [low level] for a few weeks last visit to dealers they decided to bleed the system, level not moved since. :)
  19. S

cooling fan [cold]

With the recent cold snap, recently I've noticed the engine cooling fan is running with in 2 mins of the engine being started and the outside temp being 37.F. and the temp gauge rising very quickly but being kept in check by the fan and this is happening when the car is stood all night outside...
  20. S

coolant mystery

Had to top up the coolant a couple of times in the last few weeks, got vw to check it out they said they have pressure tested and found nothing, the car has done nearly 6,ooo miles, i bought the car at 3,000 miles I never topped my a3 up in 3 years. It seems to be a common problem on the mk 7...