GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

Good ridge brake lines new - $50 Stock wheel lugs - $25 Superpro sway bar links used - $70 Sun shade - $50 034 gift certificate - $350
  2. A

SF Bay - 17x8 Advanti Storm with Bridgestone Blizzak LM001 225/45r17

Advanti Storm 17x8 Bridgestone Blizzak LM001 225/45r17 Includes hub centric rings and lug nuts Awesome three peaks snow rated winter setup for a mk6 or later golf, a4 allroad etc. I’ve changed cars and don’t have a use for these any more. One wheel has minor curb rash (shown) $700
  3. A

FS: OEM mk7 Golf R swaybars - front and rear

In like-new condition. Local pickup only in SF Bay Area. Asking $175 for the pair
  4. A

FS: OEM 2016 mk7 Golf R suspension

Like new condition with maybe 500 miles $350 Local pick up only - SF Bay Area Edit: confirming no DCC
  5. A

2016 Golf R - NorCal - 40k miles - 6MT

Full gallery: https://imgur.com/a/QkpnQOX 2016 Golf R 40,200 miles 6 speed manual transmission Original owner Title in hand No engine modification history Garage kept Non-smoker / no odors Un-drilled front bumper Located in SF Bay Area I bought this car expecting to keep it for 20 years and...
  6. A

Golf R Haldex Control module and pump

assume it is sold?..
  7. A

Dirty clutch fluid but clear brake fluid

Perhaps I'm just thrown by the fact both brake and clutch lines share the same master cylinder but are otherwise entirely discrete and not "sharing" fluids.
  8. A

Dirty clutch fluid but clear brake fluid

This past weekend I removed my clutch delay and bled the clutch line as is required for that job. I was shocked to see lots of flaky white solids in the fluid. This prompted me to also bleed my brakes, which I had gotten behind on. I was expecting to see more of the same but the fluid came...
  9. A

R needs a clutch, replace anything else while it's in the shop?

Not in the bell housing or anything but many folks also remove the clutch line restrictor. I have mixed feelings about the RMS - my prior GTI had major RMS issues but now I have a "dont fix it if it aint broke" outlook with the R.
  10. A

Solved Front wheel spin haldex issue

Welp - did it. All 4 spun. Held one of the rears stationary and a lot of torque went to the other side. Good enough for me.
  11. A

Solved Front wheel spin haldex issue

Can one test the haldex by jacking all 4 corners up and checking for rear wheel spin or is this not a suitable test?
  12. A

Coilover LIFT?

I'm doing less track driving and more skiing and it has me wondering what the upper end of my ride height is like with by bilstein PSS10s. Has anyone experimented with setting high ride heights with coilovers? Specifically curious about the bilsteins but interesting in hearing all accounts.
  13. A

Going insane.Need Help. 2019 R Left turns from stop "tire gripping" / grinding sound with vibration

@OP I'm curious if there were other conditions present that pointed to the diff as being the issue
  14. A

Going insane.Need Help. 2019 R Left turns from stop "tire gripping" / grinding sound with vibration

My car is 4 years old so outside of the bumper to bumper warranty. When I brought the car in they wanted to charge me diagnosis fees as if to assume it wasn't covered under the powertrain warranty. I wasn't confident that the actual work would be covered under warranty so I walked. I suppose...
  15. A

Binding is a good description. What was the outcome of the dealer visit? Or is it still there?
  16. A

Curious rumble when pulling away from a stop

Also, do you know if it was the engine mount (passenger side), trans mount (driver side), or both?
  17. A

Park Pilot Not Available

Mine still doing this fairly frequently unfortunately
  18. A

Curious rumble when pulling away from a stop

Thanks for sharing. Any chance you got a look at the failed unit? Was it obvious from a visual inspection or was it more of a "guess and check" approach?