GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. johng.wissig

"replace key battery" warning even after replacing battery twice!

Do you park in a garage with the doors of the car unlocked? Apparently the key and the car attempt communication when in range and unlocked. My GTI is outside and locked, i change batteries about yearly. The wifes Jetta is garaged unlocked and i replace them 2 or 3 times a year. My daughter...
  2. johng.wissig

Best way to sell Mk7 with a stage 1 tune

Still under warranty? If out of warranty by years or miles then kind of moot. If still in warranty then you need to tell them. An alert buyer should ask .
  3. johng.wissig

MK7 Engine Failure - Advice Please

Check the subframe bolts. I had a collision and the body shop didn't tighten them correctly and they soon came loose.
  4. johng.wissig

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

My 2015 weeped slightly for some time then at 96k it emptied the overflow in 300 miles. Pump and housing replaced in Sept. Now I never smell antifreeze! Been smelling it since 30k but level dropped very sloooowly.
  5. johng.wissig

My GTI was rear ended...

I got hit by a left turning driver last March. Wound up at Caliber they did ok. Had some issues with noises afterward that turned out to be loose subframe bolts. But otherwise paint match and such was good. .
  6. johng.wissig

Your Mk7 year/mileage

Now at 94k. Stage 1 apr. New clutch at 76k.
  7. johng.wissig

My MK7 red GTI letters on back hatch are discoloring

My Gti got hit in March. They replaced my grill with a non PP grill. I think i used Badge Skins. Com.
  8. johng.wissig

Flipped The Rental Car!

I'm to the point I won't drive without a dash cam. Got hit in March in my GTI . Kid made a left into me . Said i veered into his path, i responded" dash cam, no veer"! 9k damage his insurance.
  9. johng.wissig

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

I'm about 14k on dkm stage 2. Stage 1 tune. Clutch is fine . NVH get old!
  10. johng.wissig

MK7 Confessions

Extractor is awesome. Leaves very little oil behind. Just make sure oil is not HOT ! Plastic tubing! Who reads instructions.
  11. johng.wissig

Dash cams.

By the way the hood and fender seem ok. My suspension is driven back all the way to back of the wheel well. Moved it 50 ft off the road but it's not driveable. Will be very pissed if it gets totalled . Had someliquid in the road but it appears to be washer fluid. Reservoir didn't survive.
  12. johng.wissig

Dash cams.

Yesterday my 15 2dr gti got hit. No body hurt. Fairly low speed. I was exiting straight across to the shopping center opposite my street. A car exiting the same shopping center turned left into me. Our drivers front quarters impacted. His story to the P.O. was that i had veered around a car the...
  13. johng.wissig

Golf Mk7 Christmas Ornament

Can it come in 2 doors?
  14. johng.wissig

Loose door no longer stops half way

There are 2 Torx head screws holding a bracket/ stop assy. Are they loose? Door gets sloppy if they are?
  15. johng.wissig

Vibration at highway speed since getting new wheels

1 of my aluminum rings stuck last year. Been using them for 6 years with summer tires. I coat them w/ silicone usually and change about now every year for stock wheels and all seasons. It came off with wd40 and a rubber mallet.
  16. johng.wissig

MK7 Confessions

Left for home 10am. On a Monday , took the tunnel, we hit the Tpke in less than an hr. 12hrs total to SC.
  17. johng.wissig

MK7 Confessions

Ps. Got 37mpg at 69/75 mph. (Until the bridges 35mpg for the whole trip)
  18. johng.wissig

MK7 Confessions

Went to a wedding on Long Island in late October. Drove from Greenville S.C. . Through N.C. ,Va, W. Va.,Md., Pa., N.J.and NYC to get there. 11.5 hrs.,approx. 770 miles to reach the Jersey tpke. 3hrs.to cross 2 bridges and travel last 40 miles to Northport. I complained to my coworkers via text...
  19. johng.wissig

I purchased wheels and tires from Tirerack that required and came with centering rings that were plastic. I could not get rid of the vibration. I purchased a set of aluminum ones and by installing them with the car jacked up was able to make it work.88ft/lbs in 3 steps, the last you'll need to...
  20. johng.wissig

Do these wheels use centering rings? One thing that may help regardless is to get the wheels off the ground loosen and tighten with a torque wrench in steps.