GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Clunking After New Brake Pads Fwd/Rvrs - Brake Pad Clips?

Hey All, I just did a brake job and I'm going back in there to change the pads (because ceramic are just doody) on my non-performance pack GTI. 1- I am getting a clunking noise when I reverse and stop, then go forward and stop. This will happen forever, every time. I'm assuming this is...
  2. E

Request: Recommended Brakes

Hey All, Desire: Non-PP Daily driver that has same or better bite than OEM (which is pretty good bite). I see lots of criticism for using EBC pads, most people state that they're old tech and the company isn't "active" or researching anymore. Should this stop me from buying these brake pads...
  3. E

Diy guide non-pp brake and rotor searching

Had anyone done a diy guide for mk7 gti non-pp brakes and rotors? I can't find one. I'm really trying to find out the size of the triple square bolt for the rear brakes. 12 or 14 triple square mm? Anyone know? Thanks Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  4. E

Thermometer 80 degrees inaccurate

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12542-WARNING-about-G17-Ambient-Temperature-Sensor-VW-Golf-MK7 So all of a sudden my shit is reading wayyy off. Like negative forty degrees f and it's like 60 outside. Then I get a random error tpms pop up at a stop light that goes away once I drove...
  5. E

Best battery brand recommendations

Hey All, So I'm into my third battery at just 82k miles!! Oem lasted me about 45k, and second one I got was a Duralast battery from my local AutoZone when I was strapped for cash back in the day. Today at 82k it died again!! I've only got an Autobahn stock and I play music pretty loud...
  6. E

NY to Florida and Back

Non stop 95 all the way for Vacation....wasn't even that bad. The comfortability of this car has me falling in love again every day 8) Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  7. E

Anyone run a tuned mk7 to 75k? Experiences?

Curious to know if anyone's ran a tuned mk7 for around 75k miles and how their experience has been so far. I haven't tuned but I will be soon, interested in other's longevity as anecdotes Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  8. E

Valve cover leaks 75k

During inspection during my spark plugs change yesterday, I saw that my valve cover was leaking into the plugs, or did in the past, very slowly. Bummer. I guess 75k isn't awful, they tend to be changed at or after 75k in my pay cars. Thoughts? Here are the plug pics to show dripping. Sent...
  9. E

O2 sensor upstream failure - stock

p2414 p2251 p0030 First appeared at roughly 70k miles, little earlier. Ohmeter shows 0L when testing heater circuit. Looks like stock O2 sensor before the cat, on the turbo, aka bank 1 sensor 1, has died for no good reason, and pretty damn early too. Stock 2015 GTI early production April...
  10. E

16 inch wheel performance on GTI

Hey Team, How is your performance on 16" wheels? I want to go to them for Winter tire/wheel package, but I'm worried I'm going to hate how they handle. What are your opinions?
  11. E

Uneven brake pad wear passenger front

15 manual, Autobahn 67k miles I was checking my brakes out due to a squeak....low and behold the front driver's side is great and the passengers driver side is almost gone! Rears are totally even but they're low too. There is deep grooving in passenger front rotor. There is small grooving in...
  12. E

Options for is20 pre-tuning

Hi all, Looking for someone to point me in the right direction. I've got an early revision is20 from a 15 GTI and I want to get a reliable revision is20 (not interested in is38) before I tune up because these early turbos are prone to blowing. I've upgraded to a stage2 man clutch and secured...
  13. E

Looking for NY area valve cleaning

I prefer to find a walnut shell blasting shop to make sure it's golden. Let me know if anyone knows anyone around the Northeast! 60k+ and it's time to investigate Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  14. E

Running hot 230+F and residue on oil cap

So I just had my car in for it's 60k, 2015 nonPP. Immediately out the door the car is running hot. On the highway, long trips that have historically had me at 220-225F were running super hot up to 237 I saw, just hanging at highway speeds. Thinking they over filled my oil tank. Mysterious...
  15. E

Cheapest PSS in NY?

Topic. They're just effing expensive shipped to NY no matter who I find. Anyone have any good leads or good coupons or ideas? Should I get a credit card through one of these companies to get a discount? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  16. E

Mk7nPP vs TLX

Ragequit story, no video. TLX v6 AWD most recent model Pulling out of the office onto the main road with an entrance to the highway a super aggressive TLX came flying up behind me, totally out of line for the area we were in. We're making a right out and I can tell he's moving to the outside...
  17. E

What to replace while doing new strut job?

What's wise to replace our upgrade while I have the struts out? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  18. E

What's your recommended daily driver brake pads?

I don't want to spend too much or get cheap shit either. What's reasonable?? So may options. Is green stuff soft enough for daily driving? I do lots of city driving. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  19. E

Dead battery 56k miles 2015

Topic. Autobahn. Listen to music and use consumers a lot. Build date 4/14 Just dead. Couldn't crank. Starter clicked and power ran to the rest of the systems. Sad face :( Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  20. E

Does Cobb AP change MK7 ECU cache?

topic. Can't find the answer anywhere.