GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Help: Coolant Leak, But Not From Water Pump?

I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find anything other than bad water pump threads so I’m hoping to see if anyone can help me out. I have a 2015 GTI with ~80k miles on it. My water pump and thermostat housing was replaced last May at 65k miles under warranty by VW. A couple weeks ago my...
  2. E

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Model year and model: 2015 VW GTI S Mileage: 65,000 miles Have you tested your coolant system? Yes, on multiple occasions Have you had multiple failures and replacements of the housing? No Took it to the dealer 3 times over the last ~5,000 miles. Low coolant light - first time no leak was...
  3. E

IS20 Turbo Longevity

I am really only tailoring this thread to longevity so looking at data essentially greater than 80k miles.
  4. E

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Now that the original Mk7 GTIs have been out for ~5 years now we should start seeing people hit higher mileage. Curious to see how people's turbos are handling stock conditions / tunes. I know there were some original turbo issues on the early revisions, but I haven't heard many issues since.
  5. E

HELP JB1 acting up

I tried changing from Map 0 to Map 1 yesterday. I had it at the stock Map 0 as I was breaking in the new clutch I installed recently. Anyways, when I went to change maps through the JB4 app on my computer, I selected Map 1 and the window to the left showing the map changed to a random number...
  6. E

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I’m really liking it so far. Only put 50 miles on it though so still breaking it in. Pedal is much stiffer than stock but I like it and the engagement is much more direct and makes shifting even easier in my opinion. Install was pretty straight forward. Had one hiccup but it was due to my own...
  7. E

Installed the DIY TTRS clutch kit from FCP Euro Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. E

For that I typically just jack up the front pinch weld (high enough to get the front and rear up), keep the jack in place, place a jack stand under the subframe for safety, and rotate tires front to rear Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. E

Hmm interesting. Anyways, well I find it best to just jack from the rear pinch weld which will also raise the front. Then you can pop a jack stand on the front punch weld and lower the rear Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. E

What's the purpose of the block of wood? If your jack has a pad on it (looks like yours does) and it's not straight metal, can't you just jack a foot down from the punch weld with just the jack? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. E

You may have said it, but I didn't see it. What clutch did you go with? From the pics it looks like you went to XLR8 in Connecticut? Mind if I ask what the total cost ran you in the end? I agree with going to a reputable shop for something like this and I will likely have mind done there...
  12. E

A/C Variability Issues

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any of these issues (not Cimatronic)... I noticed a couple months ago that when the fan was off (windows down) that fairly warm air was blowing through the vents into the cabin. I thought it might've been something that I just didn't notice in the past...
  13. E

I second this...lil rocks and sand really stick to these tires and you can hear them kick up underneath. Only "downside" I've noticed
  14. E

OBD11 Help in Rhode Island or Nearby MA/CT?

Wondering if anyone in RI or nearby MA/CT has an OBD11 and would be willing to meet up to download the Euro Taillight coding to my 2015 GTI S. I recently purchased a pair with the harness and will need to do the coding for the amber turn signal. Let me know if you can help...
  15. E

Yup, you got it ET45. I really love the look. The tires are awesome too. Major improvement from the stock A/S Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. E

New tires and rims! Conti ExtremeContact Sport 235/40/R18 mounted on Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8
  17. E

Got some of these myself! I'm loving them so far
  18. E

WTB OEM Deep Black Peal Rear Spoiler

As the title says, I am looking to buy an OEM deep black pearl rear spoiler. Wondering if anyone recently purchased an aftermarket spoiler for their MK7 GTI and is willing to sell their old stock one. I had a very unfortunate accident with my garage door over the weekend :( Interested in any...
  19. E

Just purchased a pair of the Gunmetal Enkei Raijin 18x8 to be mounted on 235/40/R18 Continental ExtremeContact Sports! Should be arriving today
  20. E

The exhaustive what tire (conti) to buy?

Well I know there are a ton of threads on tires, but I am strictly concerned with Continental tires. I am looking to get a new set 235/40/R18 for my daily driven stage 1 GTI (JB1). I have a dedicated set of winters (WS80 on 16" steelys); however, since I live in NE the weather changes in the...