GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bayarea7

Billetworkz torched titanium shift knob

Having JDM roots, it’s no secret that I love titanium. In the almost 9 years I’ve had the mk7, I haven’t found any good examples for the mk7. However recently I discovered Billetworkz and their very very nice torched ti shift knobs. They come in different shapes, and I went with the traditional...
  2. bayarea7

7+ years on VWR springs

One of the first mods I did to my 15 was VWR springs (back when they were blue). It’s been 7+ years and with about 40k miles on them, 0 tracking but some spirited mountain drives they’ve behaved great and gave me a nice drop. Virtually no noise…until recently my rear left has been creaking. We...
  3. bayarea7

Clear/chrome rear tails

The ricer in me is curious where some people have gotten these clear/chrome tails. I found some smoked variations but not the lighter chrome. I may wrap my car a different color and the chrome tails might go well.
  4. bayarea7

Doing some cubby modification. What can tackle this?

I need to modify this driver side cubby. I will be cutting through the rim of the cubby as outlined in the photo. I’ve never cut interior plastic trim pieces before so not sure how to tackle it. It seems like a soft plastic. Are there any snips that could tackle this? If not I’ll bust out the...
  5. bayarea7

YES another MIB1 -> MIB2 question

I wasn't envious of anything when the 2016MY gti released right after I got my 2015. Okay, the updated infotainment maybe. As a little project, I may go ahead and do the upgrade after 7 years. I've read some threads over the years and understand the overall gist of things. However, I am doing...
  6. bayarea7

Dumb coolant question

So last summer I got some OEM g13 and mixed it 1:1 with distilled water and topped off. The mixed solution has been sitting in my garage in a sealed bottle, it's still okay to use correct? It doesn't like denature after it's been mixed? Thanks
  7. bayarea7

Left side Cubby hole issue

So I just installed a p3 VIDI (my second one, love it). This time around, I have my OBD port being utilized by my Armytrix valved exhaust. So p3 conveniently had a low profile obd splitter to accommodate both the exhaust and the VIDI, and everything fit nice and tight….until I clipped the cubby...
  8. bayarea7

WTB: GTI Clubsport European OEM Steering Wheel (manual)

Title says it all. Looking for a OEM alcantara GTI Clubsport steering wheel for manual trans (no paddles). Thanks!
  9. bayarea7

Torque Solution *Neo Chrome* shift knob

Okay, so my awesome BFI knob has had some use in the past 5 years and even with clean hands and gentle use the alcantara needs to be refinished. So I need a temporary knob for now... Im posting this because I have never seen a mk7 interior with a "neo-chrome" knob, and when I searched I decided...
  10. bayarea7

Corbeau RRX Plaid Seats

Saw these have released recently, and they look quite good! Saw only one other forum member post pictures of them installed. Was wondering if anyone else has bit the bullet and would be willing to share your experience and pics. Expected to see many more to have bought these up and installed...
  11. bayarea7

FS: BEC Autoparts MK7.5 LED Tailights for MK7 (Plug and Play)

Got these about a year ago as I wanted MK7.5 tails but with a plug and play solution. They look and work great, but after this much time, I still find myself liking my Euro Golf R Tails more. Installed for about a year, but I hardly drive my GTI so less than 1k miles on them. As stated earlier...
  12. bayarea7

Waterpump/Thermostat out at 36K miles ??

So about a little over a week ago, I noticed maybe a few drops of coolant under the car, not even enough to make me pop the hood. Car ran fine, until CHECK COOLANT LEVEL light came on. Coasted over, and reservoir was damn near EMPTY. No signs of leak surrounding the system, dry coolant, wet...
  13. bayarea7

Dumb Question

So who pre mixes G13 in a separate container than adds it to the reservoir VS just adding equal parts distilled water and G13 directly into the reservoir?
  14. bayarea7

2 devices running off 1 OBD port?

Dunno if I've asked this before but maybe thats senility finally setting in. Anyway, I had a p3 VIDI before my armytrix exhaust. When I got the exhaust and realizing it needed the obd port, I didn't mind ditching the VIDI. Well now I kinda want the VIDI again. It looked stellar and really added...
  15. bayarea7

What do you guys typically do at 40K?

40K might be up by the end of the year, but wondering what you guys do. 2015 gti 6 speed I'll probably do a brake flush with oil change. Other than that cant think of anything else.
  16. bayarea7

When did the battery change on the MK7's

So last year I had to get an OE replacement battery on my 2015 at the stealership. When I popped the hood I noticed there was no cover. I asked and they said they the newer batteries were bigger and of course my older battery cover would not fit. Anyway, I made a thread a long time ago asking...
  17. bayarea7

Best Place to get clubsport knob/boot?

I found them on ebay for almost 300 bucks but I know there has to be some overseas OEM parts dealer that have them cheaper. Part number 5G1711113FWEJ
  18. bayarea7

What is your ideal/"dream" mk7?

Title says it all. My ideal golf is actually the one I got but wish it had PP. 2015 RSM 2 door GTI S 6 speed with LP With PP it would've been "perfect", but still love mine. Already have a VWR BBK and don't really track so the fact I don't have LSD means nothing on the streets but would've...
  19. bayarea7

Your 0.02: Car has been in MB service for 6 week snow

I know this is a v dub forum but believe me in my 10+ years on mbworld and my short time here I've come to appreciate peoples opinion on here more. So about 2 months ago, I got the SOS inactive or whatever light in my 17 c300. So upon service, they suggested the module or an airbag component...
  20. bayarea7

Anybody a video game junkie?

Don't ever think I'll out grow them. Nearing my 30's Ive generally stopped playing anything "new". And by new I mean in the past 5 years. I mostly play everything from the 90's now.