GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bayarea7

Billetworkz torched titanium shift knob

Very reminiscent of the old ARC shift knobs I’d have in my evos. Also forgot to mention they offer laser engraving of the knobs too. I wasn’t interested but a nice touch.
  2. bayarea7

Billetworkz torched titanium shift knob

Having JDM roots, it’s no secret that I love titanium. In the almost 9 years I’ve had the mk7, I haven’t found any good examples for the mk7. However recently I discovered Billetworkz and their very very nice torched ti shift knobs. They come in different shapes, and I went with the traditional...
  3. bayarea7

Official Reflex Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

OOOOOF that looks so good! I need to detail mine to bring the silver back out its been awhile
  4. bayarea7

7+ years on VWR springs

Nice! Curious what issues you experienced exactly?
  5. bayarea7

7+ years on VWR springs

Lower springs means shorter linear travel and higher spring rate means more overall work for the strut. These cause it to decrease its dampening ability from a less compliant starting position = wear faster. "Blown struts" from lowering springs is overdiagnosed however as demonstrated above in...
  6. bayarea7

7+ years on VWR springs

Wow thank you so much for the replies and informative video. I do believe it to be not as huge of risk as many of us make it out to be. End of the day, although I think my springs are fine, it'd be foolish to go in and do the work (I HATE suspension work so the less I have to do it the better)...
  7. bayarea7

7+ years on VWR springs

One of the first mods I did to my 15 was VWR springs (back when they were blue). It’s been 7+ years and with about 40k miles on them, 0 tracking but some spirited mountain drives they’ve behaved great and gave me a nice drop. Virtually no noise…until recently my rear left has been creaking. We...
  8. bayarea7

Clear/chrome rear tails

Thanks. Looks like they might not ship to the US tho
  9. bayarea7

Clear/chrome rear tails

The ricer in me is curious where some people have gotten these clear/chrome tails. I found some smoked variations but not the lighter chrome. I may wrap my car a different color and the chrome tails might go well.
  10. bayarea7

Doing some cubby modification. What can tackle this?

I need to modify this driver side cubby. I will be cutting through the rim of the cubby as outlined in the photo. I’ve never cut interior plastic trim pieces before so not sure how to tackle it. It seems like a soft plastic. Are there any snips that could tackle this? If not I’ll bust out the...
  11. bayarea7

YES another MIB1 -> MIB2 question

Thanks for info! Yeah the 8 inch looks great but believe it or not would almost look too “nice” for my 15 interior lol (in my opinion) more than happy with the 6.5. Eurozone sells what looks to be pre coded kits. For my needs it comes out to $1500. I can source the parts for far less than that...
  12. bayarea7

I have carplay and all that in my mercedes. I honestly don't need it in my gti. But thanks for your reply. I found that what I want is a simple swap to an MIB2 brain (still researching differences in part numbers) and a 6.5" screen. No rear view cam, nav, fender audio, or app connect so I'm not...
  13. bayarea7

No nav, don’t need it. I understand all MIB2 of app connect, which needs like a new USB adapter if upgrading from MIB1 (which is what I have). I’m assuming if I don’t want app connect, I can forgo needing to do the USB stuff making my install inherently easier, is what I’m trying to clarify.
  14. bayarea7

I wasn't envious of anything when the 2016MY gti released right after I got my 2015. Okay, the updated infotainment maybe. As a little project, I may go ahead and do the upgrade after 7 years. I've read some threads over the years and understand the overall gist of things. However, I am doing...
  15. bayarea7

Dumb coolant question

lol thank you. used it, car didn't blow up. Therefore can confirm its ok lol
  16. bayarea7

Dumb coolant question

It's to be mixed equal parts with distilled water. (50/50)
  17. bayarea7

Dumb coolant question

So last summer I got some OEM g13 and mixed it 1:1 with distilled water and topped off. The mixed solution has been sitting in my garage in a sealed bottle, it's still okay to use correct? It doesn't like denature after it's been mixed? Thanks
  18. bayarea7

Left side Cubby hole issue

Oh I see what you’re saying. Problem is the p3 VIDI control box is up there, and the wire coming from my valved exhaust is already tight coming from the bay so won’t extend further up. I’ll play abit more with it today thanks for the suggestion. I think really my solution is to slice this...
  19. bayarea7

Left side Cubby hole issue

Do you mean this panel? Removing this won’t add any room unless you meant another