GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jmp4golfvw

Help problem w/ brakes

What about on the calipers themselves? My rear calipers are quite rusty and the fronts are slightly oxidized, all 4 have not held up to the minimum to what I'd expect for a nearly brand new car. Has anyone else had issues with their calipers, discs and/or pads? Help!! Edit: car is now 11 months...
  2. jmp4golfvw

Progressive or Linear?

Hey planning on upgrading my suspension: -sway bar (front and rear) -shocks/struts -springs Just a quick question, I was considering getting some Koni FSD's and was wondering what the best spring combination (linear or progressive) I should use w/ an upgraded shock/strut kit...I currently have...
  3. jmp4golfvw

Awesome DIY for covering visor airbag stickers

Check this out...went on VWvortex and saw this pretty clever fix for those annoying giant stickers on our mk7 visors, here's the link... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7589466-My-DIY-solution-to-the-visor-airbag-warning-stickers-decals&p=92531722#post92531722 Due to people being...
  4. jmp4golfvw

What cars have brakes that will fit a mk7 1.8T?

Hey all...I'm brainstorming about which model cars (Porsche, Audi, and of course GTI's, etc) have a "big brake" set up I can possible use as an upgrade on my 1.8T mk7. I was thinking, for the hell of it, of going around/calling some local salvage yards (which there are 3 pretty good ones nearby)...
  5. jmp4golfvw

Merry Christmas

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years!
  6. jmp4golfvw

Need help installing my ECS Wheel Spacer Flush Kit

Hey all, I just received my ECS Wheel Spacer Flush Kit (2-15mm and 2-20mm spacers and bolts) today and I have a few questions... I basically don't get how this process goes... I don't understand how the bolts are installed on the spacer, how the bolts the spacer's came with go on and...
  7. jmp4golfvw

Help w/ installing ECS when spacers....

Moderator please delete
  8. jmp4golfvw

Wtf Bosch wiper blades?

When I got my mk7 in March I tried swapping out my OEM blades with a pair of Bosch, as I've always used them. Come to find out they don't have any allotted for the mk7 at all. Figuring the car is somewhat of a new production at that point, also being that we were going into spring/summer, I'd be...
  9. jmp4golfvw

Caractere, anyone seen their MK7 mods?

I just found this company that I've never heard of before when I was looking at a local tuning house here in Charlotte, NC's website (GMP Performance)...anyway the company is "Caractere", found a few things I haven't seen before... The tips are definitely growing on me, but i do like that rear...
  10. jmp4golfvw

Headlight question??? Please help me understand

Hey all, I apologize in advance for my ignorance....can anyone please help me understand the deal with the Mk7 headlights and what do I do to switch the halogens over to bi-xenons and DRL's and fogs to LED? I've read every post dealing with the topic, as well as all of the aftermarket...
  11. jmp4golfvw

Turning Golf headlight into R headlight???

So I've repeatedly heard that you can't activate the other horse-shoe daytime running light on the Golf or the GTI, like the R has (so both will be illuminated when on)....I was just wondering if anyone knows why you can't do some sort of mod to activate that DRL along side the other one...
  12. jmp4golfvw

My brakes are Mehhh.....anyone else?

I just got a new Golf SEL TSI about 3 months ago and the brakes don't perform like I feel they should. Not expecting major performance here, it just feels like I have to push way too hard and that it takes far too long to come to a stop from an average speed. I have no idea what the supposed...