GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Bikebits

Alltrack intro.

Yesterday I had a chance to tag along as the VW Canada rep did an intro of the Alltrack for the sales staff at a local dealer. I have a '15 TDI Golf Sportwagon and prefer the standard wagon ride height to the lifted models; i.e. Audi Alllroad and Subaru Outback. The Alltrack was a bit of a...
  2. Bikebits

What did you do to your mk7 today?

The high sidewalls are in fact the entire point of the design. They keep slush and salt from spilling over and encrusting the carpet. I've had them in my past few cars and there isn't a mark on the carpet come spring cleanup.
  3. Bikebits

All-Track and AWD Sportwagon

Buried deep in the recesses of the Volkswagen Canada website, I found press releases detailing upcoming AWD Golf variants. In addition to the 4Motion 1.8 TSI All-Track being available as an automatic, it will be available as a six-speed manual. A regular Golf Sportwagon will also be...
  4. Bikebits

Bought my Sportwagon a friend. I pick it up next Friday.
  5. Bikebits

Canadian TDI goodwill package?

It seems TDI owners in the US are already getting their $1k "goodwill" packages from VW. All I've gotten from VW Canada is a letter saying they're working on a solution to the problem. Anybody here heard of anything similar to what they're getting in the US?
  6. Bikebits

Installed the Tiguan steel wheel centre caps that arrived today. Ready for winter now!
  7. Bikebits

Had the winter wheels installed today. 195/65-15 General Altimax Artics on steelies. Also removed the roof rack bars for going through car washes during winter. Looks like none too soon. The forecast is for 3-5" of snow on Saturday.
  8. Bikebits

How does your MK7 compare?

Only a month into ownership, I've come to the conclusion that the MK7 GSW is the favourite of all the cars I've owned. It is quiet, comfortable, versatile, handles well and is very responsive given the outstanding fuel efficiency. I particularly like the huge list of small detail features and...
  9. Bikebits

Bought a set of Weathertech floorliners so I have them when the car is delivered on Saturday.
  10. Bikebits

I got the same one in black at Wal-Mart
  11. Bikebits

Bulb Specifications

As with the general dumbing-down of owners manuals on new cars, I found the 2015 Golf manual doesn't have any specifications for the car's bulbs. Although this link is specifically from Sylvania, the second column gives the generic designation for all the Mk VII bulbs...
  12. Bikebits

which watch do you wear?

Watches are my weakness. Baume & Mercier Classima Executive, Breitling Transocean Day & Date, Bulova WWII Hack Watch, Casio Classic, Hamilton Ventura...
  13. Bikebits

The Official Pet Thread

Darla the shelter dog.