GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

My body is absolutely wrecked today because the seat was not fitted to me, but it was the most fun I've had in quite a long time. 55-60mph on a go kart is so different from a car. Two of us ran for most of the day and had a blast. We actually tore up some asphalt on the race line! Likely going...
  2. B

Well I was the fastest time of the day until the course designer set a faster time on his final run in a C7 Z06 or Grand Sport. Still not bad for a little VW wagon. Car ran great, no complaints!
  3. B

We're fortunate to have a pretty small group. There's a core group of roughly 15 drivers and events typically have 20-25 participants so we have lots of freedom for course design and length. If the first group starts and we realize the course is too long we can opt to remove a loop or segment...
  4. B

Getting ready for our first autocross event of 2024 on Sunday and realized I never offloaded my Event 12 videos. I managed the fastest time of the day, but it was negated by a post finish line cone. (Still third fastest overall after the cone. I was flying!) I need to decide on a quickfit...
  5. B

This Launch Edition has been on Facebook marketplace for a couple weeks. Randomly saw it in person today. Reached out to the owner to see if it's still for sale or if it sold. VIN is actually pretty close to mine. If it hasn't sold I will be making yet another poor financial decision.
  6. B

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

My gray trim piece finally arrived today. It definitely could be better, but it fits like you'd expect $20 trim to fit. You can see most of the flaws in this picture. They are minor, but I just want to point them out. The color is a little bit darker, the left edge where it meets the gauge...
  7. B

Kumho Ecsta v730 Tires: Pros & Cons

I have a set for both cars I like them so much. I love them on the track, but would not recommend for autocross. Despite being in Hawaii my first run is typically a wash because there isn't enough heat in them. If the group is over 7 cars on a short course or 4 on a long course I've lost all my...
  8. B

My mom came to visit between Christmas and New Years so I took her all over the island. We took my Mk4 TDI for most of our treks, but my GSW4Mo was called in for the highlight of the trip; the absolutely perfect sunset up Mauna Kea. Also managed to get her to one of her bucket list...
  9. B

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

I ordered mine before seeing this thread. It finally showed up today! The trim must have shipped separately. I copied the adaption channels from my original MIB2 unit via VCDS and everything seems to be working properly. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Mk7 wagon available in the car...
  10. B

Blue tartan Golf R interior idea

My buddy Xero had the centers of his DBP Mk4 R32 seats redone with GTE plaid. To say I'm jealous would be an understatement. He has black leather with blue stitching door card inserts he is going to install over winter to finish it off. The first picture is probably the best representation, the...
  11. B

I cannot contain my excitement, thanks to the new trans tune I finally squeaked out a fastest overall time! 47.321 with second place being a 47.8XX. I averaged the fastest times all day long and ran a 47.123 during fun runs. It had a 46 in it, but I accidentally upshifted when I meant to...
  12. B

8100 X-cess. All my buddies with track prepped VWs run it as well. One guy tried the 300v but had oil temp issues. With the Castrol and Liqui-Moly MoS2 my oil temps are up 10-20 degrees on my commute to work and up 20-25 while towing my ~350lb trailer despite lower ambient temps. So long as I...
  13. B

I feel dirty. This was my first non Motul oil change since I bought the car. Sadly no Motul dealers over here. At least I have something else to blame a potential engine failure on lol. Malone/Tunezilla custom trans tune is also flashed and feeling great. Will be switching to their ECU and...
  14. B

Sounds like a good ole 2 speed car. There was a red '72 Chevelle 454 2 speed powerglide we always saw at Summit Motorsports Park that consistently ran 10.31 or 10.51 like an atomic clock without fail. Was amazing. Out here the DA is disgusting. Track is roughly 39 feet above sea level, but DA...
  15. B

Drag strip shenanigans. Slowly dialing in the DSG tune for the QSP swap. Should hit 11s one of these days.
  16. B

2 Mk7s for sale: 15 Golf, 17 GSW4Mo

Decided it's time to part ways with my VWs. They've all been fun and brought joy through the years. I bought my 2015 Golf new in February 2015 and have every record/receipt to go with it. I bought it with the intention of building a track day toy. It hits well above its pay grade and is an...
  17. B

Sadly my infotainment screen failed today after 137,650 miles. No warning just went blank. Radio still works, buttons still respond but no button lights or screen. Still troubleshooting, but I think it's dead. Are there any sources for 8" mute non nav screens still? Took a break from my wagon...
  18. B

Stuck in SEA for a 6 hour layover on my way back to HI. Got to drive my '06 Mk4 and moved my Mk7 Golf around while I was over here. Thinking it's actually time to part ways with my Mk7s. They are fun, but after nearly 9 and 5.5 years with the same cars I've just lost interest. Storage is going...
  19. B

Loe Show Pics

I thought I deleted my post fast enough guess not haha; definitely not trying to start anything. For anyone going please take the time to check the Karmann Jetta out. It's a very cool car. If you can find someone with an '87 or earlier Cabriolet to park next to it for comparison you'll quickly...