GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

AWE Track exhaust "droop" - anyone else have this ridiculous issue?

Have a look: Yes, I contacted AWE. They put me in touch with the dealer. The dealer is telling me this is "normal". Horseshit. Looks like piss-poor design - and the problem is getting worse. Anyone else have this issue? Clearance is ~2.5". Car is lowered 3/4" all the way around on...
  2. G

Need some help guys - dealer drama galore - lying to me and damaged my car!!!

Anyone have a RossTech cable and a 2015 GTI??? Here's why. I've been tracking my (non-ECU tuned but FBO) 2015 GTI SE DSG pretty regularly, and recently was at Thunderhill and the car threw a P2006 code at me and went into failsafe mode on track - wouldn't make more than 5 lbs of boost, etc...
  3. G

DSG not farting anymore and it ain't Beano!

or bueno, whatever. been a while gang, work's nuts and I haven't had must time to post. Long story short, FBO 15 GTI and this morning the car stopped farting. What's more, it does it ECS on, ECS reduced, or ECS OFF. ambient temps low 60's F. also the DSG is shifting a LOT "softer" for lack of...
  4. G

Anyone running H&R Street Performance coilovers?

I'm a bit confused - looking for clarification. H&R lists the same part # (28851-11) for both Golf and GTI applications. They also list the drop as 1.5" - 2.3" up front and 1.1" - 2.0" in the rear. Currently I'm on VWR springs and stock dampers and about 1.2" down - perfect drop, IMO, and...
  5. G

Reviewed: Neuspeed Boost Tap

Welcome to another brutally honest review on products for our beloved Mk7 GTI's. As a precursor, I am running Neuspeed RSe10's and could not be happier with the wheels, but that's a story for another day. Goal here was to add an analog boost gauge to my car to and leverage the P3Cars vent...
  6. G

FS: 18" OZ Leggera HLT's w/ Michelin PSS

Up for grabs is my 1 month old MINT set of OZ Leggera HLT wheels in 18x8 ET48 with PSS tires. No dings, scratches, curb rash, nothing - like new wheels and barely used tires. Here's a link to the wheels at Tire Rack - this is the only place I'm aware one can buy them in the US. These bad boys...
  7. G

Mk7 GTI Catch Can Options

Mk7 GTI Catch Can Options - edit: Bought one! Brutally honest review unfolding... I'm seriously considering a catch can for my GTI. Seems intelligent as I drive the ever living hell out of my GTI - I see the following available options: IE...
  8. G

tGo's Reflex Silver GTI Build

I bought my third VW in March, this is my first GTI, and it was love at first drive. I determined that whatever mods my inner hoonigan urged me to do would be tasteful and in keeping with performance enhancements, so I got started. Current: - SunTek all the way around, 25% on sides...
  9. G

BFI Stage 1 Torque Arm Insert

I had my doubts, even read RJ's comments, but figured what the heck, I'll try it and if it makes my GTI feel like a Civic, I'll yank them back out. Through an alcohol-fueled ordering debacle, I ended up with two of them. The vendor's being really cool about taking them both back for store...
  10. G

OZ Leggeras 18x8 on Michelin PSS - mini reviews

Took some pics today: Loving it. VWR Sport Springs are giving me the perfect drop, great ride, NO rubbing at all anywhere under any conditions, the car's a totally different animal now, and starting to see the performance enhancements of the Eurocode bits (tower braces, tunnel brace)...
  11. G

saw my first '16 R today

noted minor changes on the Black 6MT DCC R version on display. sorry for potato pics. first this little gem: then this riveted ECU "guard" cover: and finally this, which actually made me laugh out loud, long and hard: wow.
  12. G

any guidance on how to replace the low beam halogen bulbs???

Those outer lights on my halogen (yeah, I know) equipped GTI are in there so tight that i'm afraid I'll have to pull the entire lamp assembly to replace the bulbs. if i have to do THAT, then i'm going to maximize the effort and do a Forge Twintercooler and Ed's lights. looking to delay that...
  13. G

Help me decide - BBS CH-R, OZ Leggera, or Neuspeed RSe10's..

I've been agonizing about new wheels for my '15 Reflex Silver GTI SE, but have managed to narrow it down to these three choices: BBS CH-R, 18x8.5 ET47, 23lbs OZ Leggera, 18x8 ET 48, 18.6 lbs Neuspeed RSe10, 18x8.5, ET 45, 19.9lbs Any choice will be shod with Michelin PSS in 235/40ZR18...
  14. G

Dead battery weirdness - headlight switch OFF and passenger low beam on???

this morning i walked into my garage and saw that the passenger side low beam lamp was lit and dim. the headlight switch was in the vertical OFF position. car was totally dead, only that one lamp was lit and the remote managed to unlock the car - but no dash lights, no interior lights, and it...
  15. G

p3cars vent gauge auto dimmer wiring

So I bought and installed a p3cars gauge, and love it - long story short, I can't get an answer out of the manufacturer or the retailer about where to wire in the green auto dimmer wire to my headlight switch wiring harness. Documentation refers to position 10, but my plug isn't labeled and I...
  16. G

Go Fast Bits DV+ Reviewed

Finally, a piece of kit that works EXACTLY as advertised. I love this and more to the point, I have to tip my hat to Go Fast Bits for delivering on the promise. Well played, mates, good onya! I won't belabor this with information everyone already has, but will observe the following...
  17. G

Spulen Turbo Intake hose "review"

Got this for install, took it out of the bag, and was dismayed to find it of such poor quality. First, it was FILTHY inside the OEM supplied plastic bag - had to wash it out and run a towel through it. Second, the clamps were cheap in the extreme... Third, the company LOGO wasn't even...
  18. G

VWR R600 Part 2 - Install and final thoughts

So I installed this today - hauled out the Torx fasteners and pulled the stock airbox. Was delighted to find a one way valve at the bottom end of the drain tube and plugged into a removable connector at the bottom! Yay! I'll just move that over to the VWR part and leverage the intelligence...
  19. G

VWR R600 - Initial impressions and review - Part 1

Just picked up a 2015 Reflex Silver SE 4dr GTI and decided to start modd'ing this beast right out the gate. To set the stage and the tone for this and following posts, I'm a grown up and interested in TASTEFUL mods that are well integrated, enhance performance, and last the life of the car with...