GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisGTD

GTD Accident Repair

Hi, I recently got my GTD back from the body shop after someone nicely shunted me in the side at a cross roads, and I have a few questions and observations which I will be going back to the repair center with tomorrow, but welcome your views: It's had a new passenger side wing mirror. Should...
  2. ChrisGTD

Climate blowng cool

Hi, on the way home from work the other night i wanted to warm my feet so had the climate set to the footwell at 24 degrees c. It felt quite cool and so I switched it to the main vents and it still felt cool. Does this sound like anything anyone else has experienced? (2015 GTD)
  3. ChrisGTD

Manual GTD goes to reverse too easy

Evening All, I've noticed recently that from neutral my manual gearshift goes in to reverse far too easily. This was not the case from new, the car has now done 13.5k miles. For a while I've always been selecting first gear twice to make sure it's in ok because the first attempt doesn't feel...
  4. ChrisGTD

Engine stall on braking

I had to break hard the other day after someone pulled out in front of me. I was able to slam on, flash my lights and sound my horn. However as I tried to continue and accelerate, the display said "start engine manually" and low and behold, it turned out I had stalled. I was then faced with the...
  5. ChrisGTD

GTD MPG

Sorry if this has been covered before but I don't often get the spare time to browse the internet these days. Since I bought my GTD almost one year and 12k miles ago I've averaged 47.6 MPG with mixed motorway, country roads and town driving. That's in sports mode and I'm quite a keen driver, so...
  6. ChrisGTD

Oil Change notification

Hi my GTD has only covered 8k miles and the Infotainment system is telling me I need an oil change in 20 days. I called VW and they tried to book it in for a service but I challenged that and said it is not due for a service after only 8k miles and 8 months of ownership. So instead they have...
  7. ChrisGTD

GTD Xenons Vibrate

Hi I've noticed that when I go over bumpy surfaces my front lights vibrate. I can see this effect on the back of cars I am following Is this normal? It's been like that since new Cheers Chris
  8. ChrisGTD

GTD Turbo lag

I'm quite lucky to have quite a lively commute to work each day, a 60 mile round trip along some fast winding English country roads. I've had my car for less than 3 months now and have had the opportunity to put it through its paces whilst racking up its first 3.5k miles. It pulls really well...
  9. ChrisGTD

Playlists not appearing on ipod media

Anyone else noticed this on their infotainment when using an ipod? Just artists, tracks etc (plus no search option as per a previous thread I posted, which is very annoying!)
  10. ChrisGTD

Opinions on Standard audio on GTi GTD

What's people's views on the above? I presume they are the same on both. My old 2005 Audi A4 Bose system beats it hands down for sound quality, you could crank it right up and still get a really crisp sound and the bass was brilliant for an OEM system. My speakers seem to struggle a bit if I put...
  11. ChrisGTD

iPod artist/song/album search

Hi is there a way to search the above without scrolling through every single option? This is for iPod connected through to the infotainment system with official cable Thanks Chris